• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Joomlart template and Fabrik problem

mattsh

Hi!

Have a site with Fabrik and Joomlart T3 template and added a JA ACM module to show a calendar and events in a nice way. But with event options activated it don't work as long as Fabrik system plugin is enabled. Disable Fabrik and the event options works...

Have had long conversation and hands on support from Joomlart (nearly 20 days) and they found no solution so they told me to contact you.

What to do?

Regards
Matt
Fabrik 3.3.4
Joomla 3.4.5

Maybe a JS error somewhere, can you point us to a page? Or do you know how to view errors in firebug?

I have no js error, the event options just not show up in the article if I have the Fabrik system plugin enabled.

I don't mind testing on my system if they are free modules, you'll have to post a link to me and brief instructions what needs to be setup.

I should have a new test machine up and running tonight so it would be a good test for it.

The 2 plugins and their Advanaced Custom Module are not free, they comes with a template subsription. And I think its best to install the Joomlart template too, I'm using Teline V. But I was told by Joomlart to contact you, so I guess it should be fine to send you the files, or?

If you think it's fine I could send you the files and a link to instructions.

Regards
Matt

Well I don't want to upset the Joomlart people but it would be in their interest if they allowed you to send me the stuff.

Maybe you can check with them first and if you get the okay then PM me the stuff over?

I'm happy to help, but I'll need a license from JA. If you want to give them my email (hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com) to contact me.

I've tried contacting them through their "Contact Us" page several times in the last year, asking for a membership so I can do compatibility testing, but never gotten a response.

I'm not comfortable with using licensed products provided without explicit permission (naming me) from the authors.

-- hugh

@cheesegrits I have contacted Joomlart, and they told me it was fine if you (Fabrik) used their products for testing purpose. But I can contact them and give them your email.

Regards
Matt

Yes please. I'd like to be able to actually download their templates and extensions so I can test. I have an account at JA ('cheesegrits'), if they could enable the account so it can download the paid extensions, that would be very helpful.

-- hugh

Cool. I have another issue I have to work on with a JA template, which seems to use Bootstrap v2, but with Font Awesome instead of Icomoon icons, which means we'll have to build another set of layout overrides for it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back