1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

latest nightly revision install problem

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by tentas, Mar 24, 2009.

1. tentas New Member

Level: Standard
  2. dylanfm New Member

We have the same error. I believe it is due to the newest nightly being over 2MB. I think there is a way around the size limit in Joomla, but I don't know what it is.

Dylan
  3. AniMo New Member

same here. It's maybe a php configuration limit, like file size upload or something like that, in a shared host it's always a problem.
  4. AniMo New Member

Something worked for me :
    - i uploaded the latest nightly in the root folder of my website
    - in the extension installation i choos " install from url"
    - and i wrote the url of the archive. (http://mywebsite/com_fabrik_2.0rc1_20-03-2009.zip)
    file install without problem
  5. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Level: Community
    It's not a Joomla thing, it's a PHP thing. The php.ini settings specify two size limits - maximum for file uploads, and maximum for all posted data. Any uploaded files have to be smaller than the smaller of those two values. In cheap shared hosting setups, typically PHP is configured to restrict one or both of those values to something small like 2MB. Also, typically, you can't override them by using .htaccess ini settings, or even a per-directory php.ini.

As AniMo discovered, the way round this is to either 'install from url' (you could just give it the URL of our nightly build, rather than uploading to your own server), or to unzip and upload to a temp folder and use 'install from folder'.

-- hugh
  6. instituttm Member

have you tried the same with the really latest? -> http://fabrikar.com/nightlies/com_fabrik_2.0rc1_23-03-2009.zip

i didnt try to "install from url", but i have errors with the "normal" installation. i'll post the error message, if i install the next fabrik (tomorrow).

greetings,
    dan
  7. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I don't typically use nightlies, unless I'm in a hurry when working on someone elses site, and an SVN snap-shot from last night will do the trick. But on the whole I'm an SVN kinda guy. :)

And I don't build 'em ... Rob uses some custom built Ant script in his Eclipse IDE. I use Komodo IDE, which I've not yet had the time to work out how to drive Ant scripts with.

Uncle Rob?

-- hugh
  8. rob Administrator

i tested the last nightly and it installed fine for me