List Access Levels

jo-ka

Hello.

I've set some Access Levels on a list for Editing and Deleting records. The only allowed users to edit or delete records are a Super User or the user which created the record as per:

upload_2018-11-5_16-42-0.png

The field used to grant the permission is comming from a joined list.

When I set this option like this, the user has the option to edit the record, but others don't. This is the expected behaviour.

upload_2018-11-5_16-45-43.png

But, when I edit the record and try to save, I get this message:

upload_2018-11-5_16-49-41.png
also I've checked all elements Access Levels and they are all set to Public, so I can't understand where my mistake is.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

I can't replicate.
Is this joined list "no repeat"? (a user element in a repeat group won't do)
Do you change the user element during editing? (This won't do, too)

Yes, the joined list is No Repeat, at list I think so... :)

upload_2018-11-8_14-28-46.png

And no, the user is not switched on the edit procedure. The user ID is set on the first save as per the image:

upload_2018-11-8_14-28-30.png
And the user who's editing the record is the same...

upload_2018-11-8_14-30-20.png

The Access level is set on the correct field, I think:

upload_2018-11-8_14-32-7.png

Can I have any other permission set? Form, Group, etc?

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-8_12-18-28.png
    upload_2018-11-8_12-18-28.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 243
No, neither in that element nor in the other elements. All elements have ACL as Public.

Also I was checking form and list Access and it looks OK also. I just have an upsert form plugin, which update one field on the joined list, but there's no permissions there. I've tried to disable it, but with no avail also.

Besides that, the user can create new records but, with this permissions, can't edit their own.

I have no more options here...

The only way I could help here would be to install an Akeeba copy of your site here, set up a PHp Storm project on it, and step through with xdebug. I wouldn't be able to do it remotely with var_dump() type debugging on your site, because the canUse() function I need to debug gets called dozens ofof times on a typical submission.

I'd estimate about 45 minutes to an hour of work, which would have to be billable.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back