List copy plugin and fileupload element

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

The list copy plugin is a nice tool working very well. An even better feature is the "default on copy" params in the Access tab of each element. It allows to make "clever" copy rather than "brutal force" ones. Fine.

However, it does not have any effect on the fileupload element. I'd expect either to use the default image setup either to leave it empty in case the "default on copy" is set to "yes". At least for the non-ajaxUpload ones.
Is there any reason for this different behavior ?

Also, it would be nice if the list copy plugin could have a conditional "eval" in order to show it or not based on a status column for example as it does on ACL conditions (ie canCopyRow feature as we have canDeleteRow or canEditRow).

What is the actual behavior, for normal and AJAX? I can't recall ever testing it. I can certainly imagine problems with copy using AJAX, as obviously the data is stored in a separate, joined table ... so copying would require copying those rows with the new FK (or not, if 'default on copy' is set). But I see no reason why 'default on copy' shouldn't work in normal uploads ... so if it doesn't, it's hopefully a simple fix.

I could probably add a canCopyRow permission and list plugin, if someone wanted to fund development.

-- hugh

For my personal immediate needs, the fix for normal uploads would solved it.

Regarding the funding of a canCopyRow permission, I'd agree to participate. It depends of the budget.
Does Fabrik (Media A-Team) have any plan to set up a mechanism by which several persons interested to such features could "promise" to financially participate (call for funding) hence being able to rise enough funds without having only one person supporting the effort ? ("Financement participatif" and "promesses de dons").

We have thought about "crowd funding". The problem is simply finding a way to do it. I've been looking at how we might be able to use one of the existing crowd funding services, but get bogged down in the legal minutiae, regional / international restrictions and costs associated with them.

Got any suggestions on how you might imaging it working? Or any similar sites I could look at that do it?

I'll take a look at normal uploads as soon as I have time. If you don't hear from me by early next week, remind me.

-- hugh

regarding crowd funding, I use this one https://www.ulule.com/about/ulule/ but I can image it has nothing different to the ones you've explored. It seems to work with company and accept "promises" rather than real money. When the goal is reached promises has to be converted in real money. But it may have some constraints that not fit with Fabrik's needs and wishes.

In my opinion, it could be made with Fabrik and "owned" by media a-team. Each of us would buy a "credit" with real money. Let say 250 $ (as we used to do with subscription). On a project such as this one, you set that you need 1000 $ to achieve it. I decide to transfert 50$ from my 250$ "wallet" to this project. The other users do the same. After a certain date, if the amount is reached, you plan to do it and our "promises" are effectively deducted from our wallets. If only a few of us accepted to participate, the project is cancelled and my money is back to the wallet ready to be used for another one of for some specific dev. It may have some legal constraint to do that.... do not know.... Maybe some of the crowd funding sites offers API to run such a concept in a "closed" environment ?

Just some thoughts... :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back