List/form article plugin - ordering

futuron

I wonder if it would be possible to add something to the article plugin. It's almost close to perfect :) My problem is that there is nothing set to link/map an element to the the ordering field of an article.

I know you have a list plugin called 'order'. That saves the ordering in that fabrik list in a field that you assign it to. But the article plugin in the form doesn't have a field to map it with the article's order field.

Besides that I assume there will be some difficulty in updating the entire list each time you drag. But that could be done with the article list plugin to update all the articles at once. Not looking for a fancy solution, just a solution :)

Sorry that was poorly described. But when i wanted to add a screenshot i noticed that the ordering field in the article edit view of the joomla article manager isn't there anymore. It's just the ordering through the article list. Doesn't matter i guess. In in db table com_content there is a field for ordering int(11)

So I need to be able to map my fabrik element for ordering to the joomla articles's field for ordering.

Sweetness. Tested and works like a charm!

How i set it up
I had the 'normal' article form plugin set up already.
Added a new hidden text field to the form that I called 'ordering'.
Added the ordering list plugin to the fabrik list and selected the new 'ordering' element I created.
Selected that same 'ordering' element in the article form plugin for ordering
Added the article list plugin on that fabrik list.

How I use it
I drag the rows around and it's saved. After I'm done with that in the fabrik list I selected all records in that list and click the article list plugin button to refresh/update all articles (the data in the ordering field is changed for all so should update all too).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back