List load time is very slow

garamantex

HI, i have a list whit 400 records and the load time is very high, about 40 sec. I try resolve this issue creating INDEX for the tables but this dont work. What can i do?

INDEX for the tables
Which elements do you have, which indexes did you create?
How many elements do you have, how many in list view?
Do you have databasejoin elements and cascading dropdown elements not using id[recommended] as value?
Do you have calculation elements?

And how many rows are you displaying.

As Troester indicates, the usual reason for excessive load times are join / CDD elements incorrectly configured (aren't using unique keys), although sometimes it's simply that you have "display rows" set to 0 (all rows), or are likewise simply trying to show too many rows, with too many elements per row. My rule of thumb is that 500 displayed elements is about the most you should use (so 50 rows of 10 displayed elements, or 10 rows of 50 elements).

-- hugh

Hi, i have 25 elements, 1 of them is a repeat field, in list view i have 7 rows, i have no calc fields and have 3 simple dropdowns

i dont understand the index thing, from the database select the ID fields and assign them an index, it's all I've done so far.

Well, something is horribly wrong then. That should display almost instantly.

I'd have to look at a Joomla debug profile to get an idea of the issue. Is this site live, or can you enable J! debug and point me at the list?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back