List plugin - Filter View

rdiana

Hi friends,
I'd like to understand how the Filter View works. I've not found any example. Can I use it to run a sql with a reference to a field of any other list?

Thank you

could you be more precise in what you mean by 'Filter view' there are several places where filtering can be set in fabrik, I'd need to know exactly which one you are talking about to give accurate advise

Dear ob,
thank you for your reply.
I've installed the List filter-view plugin, then it has been added in a List (as shown in the attached fig.). After the Access Setting has been selected (left-fig) a control panel appears, and a Filter URL (right-fig) is required. I didn't find any example how to use this plugin: can you provide me any example of code to be add in the Filter URL field?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers,

Roberto

Attachments

• List filter-view.jpg
    List filter-view.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 185
hi - this was a work in progress which im not sure will ever really see the light of day.

The idea was that you could have a series of links to the left of your list which would filter it, as if you were filtering it from a URL querystring.

However, what has superceeded this is the fact you can now create menu links with prefilters applied to them, so I would suggest you did that, as it will save you having to write the filter query string by hand (plus it had the advantage of using Joomla's menu system)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back