1. We suggest you do NOT update to Joomla 3.8.10 until we can resolve an issue it causes with caching in Fabrik. If you do install it, you'll need to disable Joomla's "System Cache" in the global System settings.
  2. Apologies for the recent server outage, a planned migration by our host provider to a new location turned into a bit of a nightmare.

List view modal popup

Discussion in 'Community' started by achartier, Jul 12, 2018.

1. achartier

achartier Active Member

Level: Community
    I am wondering if there is an easy way to accomplish this without a whole lot of JS and such.

I have a list of care and share items (adult community). Each item has a short description, a long description, potentially some number of images (fileupload element), and the sharing members id. I have the sharing members ID (displayed as the name) link to their CB Profile for contact info.

In the list I only show the short item description and the sharing members name (with link to profile).

What I would like to do is have the short description link to a modal popup which includes a title (short description), content (the long description) and thumbnails of the images. I would also like the thumbnails to open the real image when clicked and have this image include a close so that it can be closed back to the modal.

I can do all this with a bunch of custom javascript but I wonder if there is some baked in way to accomplish at least part of it.

Looking for ideas before I start deep coding. Thanks.

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    One option might be to copy the list, set that copy up with a details view that only shows what you need, and create a custom link on that element for it ...

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=X&rowid={rowid}

If the list is "ajaxified", it should automatically open in a popup.

-- hugh

achartier likes this.