• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

List With Filter - Same Field, Multiple Values

tiagovareta

Hi,

I have a list with prefilter (To show logged-in user records): http://prntscr.com/i14u6n

The registers have a state that goes from 0 to 17. That I created a links (lateral module), to filter by the state field: http://prntscr.com/i14vml
The status filter is applied in the menu item (along with two more "divide and segment" filters): http://prntscr.com/i14xl6 , when in the link I want to filter only 1 state, I get it to work (as in the image I sent).

I wanted to make a filter that could put states from 5 to 17 and the two "divide and segment" filters.

I have already tried to put more status clauses using the "OR", and ignores the first two filters: http://prntscr.com/i153nj , in this case it will show status 5 or 6, but does not make the first two filters.

Is there a way to solve this situation ??? I have to deliver the project tomorrow, and this part should be resolved ...

I have to deliver the project tomorrow, and this part should be resolved ...

Response time in Standard is 3 working days. If you need same / next day responses to meet your project deadlines, you probably need Pro support.

I'm really not sure what it is you are trying to do, but I suspect it's because you are doing this with Menu pre-filters, which don't (yet) support the "group to previous" feature that the main list pre-filters do. So your WHERE clauses will look like this ...

WHERE filter1 AND filter2 AND status1 OR status2 OR status3

... with no "grouping" (parentheses, to override the default order of operations). So if any of the statusX filters are true, the whole WHERE clause is true, it won't force filterX to be true. What I think you need from your description is ...

WHERE filter1 AND filter2 AND (status1 OR status2 OR status3)

... with the parens to group the status filters (so both filter1 and filter2 have to be true, and any one or more of status), which you can only achieve in the main list pre-filters, by setting "group to previous" on the second and subsequent status filters.

So ... instead of using menu pre-filters, you'll probably have to copy the list, apply your pre-filters there (with grouping) and use the copy of the list for you menu item.

-- hugh

Response time in Standard is 3 working days. If you need same / next day responses to meet your project deadlines, you probably need Pro support.

I'm really not sure what it is you are trying to do, but I suspect it's because you are doing this with Menu pre-filters, which don't (yet) support the "group to previous" feature that the main list pre-filters do. So your WHERE clauses will look like this ...

WHERE filter1 AND filter2 AND status1 OR status2 OR status3

... with no "grouping" (parentheses, to override the default order of operations). So if any of the statusX filters are true, the whole WHERE clause is true, it won't force filterX to be true. What I think you need from your description is ...

WHERE filter1 AND filter2 AND (status1 OR status2 OR status3)

... with the parens to group the status filters (so both filter1 and filter2 have to be true, and any one or more of status), which you can only achieve in the main list pre-filters, by setting "group to previous" on the second and subsequent status filters.

So ... instead of using menu pre-filters, you'll probably have to copy the list, apply your pre-filters there (with grouping) and use the copy of the list for you menu item.

-- hugh

Hi Cheesegrits!

Thank you again for your response!
The idea of the filter is as it is saying: WHERE filter1 AND filter2 AND (status1 OR status2 OR status3)!

Is the only way to do the filter just by duplicating the list?
I am afraid to duplicate the list, because there are many things extremely personalized, is it that when copying everything is exactly the same?

Actually, you might be able to do it by condensing the multiple status "EQUALS" filters down into a single "IN", so instead of ...

FILTER1
AND
FILTER2
AND
STATUS = 1
OR
STATUS = 2
OR
STATUS =3
etc

... do ...

FILTER1
AND
FILTER2
AND
STATUS IN (1,2,3,4,5)

-- hugh

Actually, you might be able to do it by condensing the multiple status "EQUALS" filters down into a single "IN", so instead of ...

FILTER1
AND
FILTER2
AND
STATUS = 1
OR
STATUS = 2
OR
STATUS =3
etc

... do ...

FILTER1
AND
FILTER2
AND
STATUS IN (1,2,3,4,5)

-- hugh

Hi Cheesegrits!!!
Thanks a lot for the help!!! I think it's working already :)

In case I wasn't clear, by using the iN() thing, you could do it in a menu pre-filter. Because then you don't have the issue of "joining" multiple OR filters.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back