Localhost problems and errors for server

Hello!

I have some problems in a project that uses Fabrik.

I transferred the project from localhost to the server, using akeeba backup.

I configured the new connection on Fabrik.

I'm using Joomla 3.20 and the latest version (July 20, 2020) of Fabrik's Git. And as a template I'm using Helix Ultimate.

The site is running the backend and frontend. But some things don't:

- some menus are with error 500 (all menus are Fabrik items). Some work.

- there are forms that are not saving.

- I set up a template for exporting a detail in a list, and the layout of the export PDF is all out of shape.

I have already redid the process of transferring from localhost to the 3x server for this project and the same things always happen.

Do I have to do any process other than what I did for this transfer ??

I assume you have already opened and re-saved your Fabrik database connection?
Make sure to clear Joomla and browser cache.
Which version of PHP are you running in localhost vs production server?

Thank you for your help !!

- yes, i already updated the fabrik connection
- yes, I already cleaned or cache of Joomla and browers

- my version of PHP localhost is 7.4 and online is 7.3

I've already done a manual installation, transfer the files and the local databases to the server and it doesn't work either :(

What else can I do?

Good news!! @juuser

Part of the above problem I managed to solve !!!

- I activated the debug mode of Fabrik + "? fabrikdebug = 1", I was identifying the fields that were having problems, I simply accessed each one of them and saved them, and the menus that had 500 errors were working again!
However, I still haven't been able to solve the problem of export PDFs. See how the files are: https://snipboard.io/S7wGN5.jpg

I have already entered the responsible form, switched to the default theme and the same thing is happening. How to fix this? Thank you!

Hmm, hard to tell. Might be some corrupted or missing files or something else. When you have made a copy of the site to live environment, check that the amount of files/used space is the same/similar on both.

Check the file/folder permissions in server.

Change your Joomla error reporting to developer or maximum and see if some errors displayed give you any hints.

Last edited:
Hello!

I checked the permissions of the folders and they are correct.

The number of files are also correct :(

I just need to solve this problem of PDF export layout :(

Hello @juuser !

I've already enabled joomla's error demonstration mode and when generating a pdf file from a view, no error appears :(

I have already updated the files again to the last of Fabrik's Git and still have the same problem :(

What else can I do?

Thanks!

No more ideas. Haven't used much Fabrik's own pdf-functions, so I cannot come up with any ideas just from the top of my head.

This would need troubleshooting at the server and access to working version in localhost also wouldn't hurt.

I can remember these sorts of PDF screenshots, there must be some threads.

Try if setting PDF localhost options in Fabrik Options "Lists" will change anything.

Hello @troester @juuser !

I searched the forum for other topics about it, tried to apply the solutions and none worked :(

I already changed the option "PDF localhost" in the Fabrik configuration and nothing changed, the error continued :(

If you want (and can), I'll give you access in the PV.

I'm days trying to fix this error and I can't :(

Thank you!

Is this a custom PDF template?
DomPDF or MPDF selected?

It seems you had a lot of issues with your copied site. So maybe there's still missing something.

Usually an Akeebabackup copy + then open/re-save of the Fabrik connection in the site copy is working flawless.

But if you have e.g. hardcoded/absolute links in custom code, menu links ... you must adapt.

@troester @juuser I'm using DOMPdf .

I tested a custom template I made and the native 'bootstrap' theme and both have the same problem.

I did the file transfer in two ways (they are in different folders):
1 - using Akeeba
2 - transferring the files manually, and editing the connection information in configuration.php in the two ways above, the error continues.

I've saved the connection several times on Fabrik and nothing has changed :(

I've tried to create menus in the version that is online and pull the list that is having problems, and also didn't solve :(

What else can I do to resolve this? :(

You didn't say how you solved the initial issues (menus with error500, forms not saving...)
- I set up a template for exporting a detail in a list, and the layout of the export PDF is all out of shape.
How exactly? A custom list template with a link to a custom PDF details template?
Is it working in the backend?
Is it working with the Fabrik Option "Debug PDF" activated (i.e. showing the layout on the screen)? Do you have Joomla error reporting set to max?

@troester yes, i reported how i solved the problem. I just entered the fields that were being reported in error 500 and saved, simple as that: D
And the menus returned to work without problems.

Good news!! @juuser

Part of the above problem I managed to solve !!!

- I activated the debug mode of Fabrik + "? fabrikdebug = 1", I was identifying the fields that were having problems, I simply accessed each one of them and saved them, and the menus that had 500 errors were working again!
However, I still haven't been able to solve the problem of export PDFs. See how the files are: https://snipboard.io/S7wGN5.jpg

I have already entered the responsible form, switched to the default theme and the same thing is happening. How to fix this? Thank you!

I already put the error reporting of joomla in Max and nothing.

If I activate the PDF debug, then the layout appears, with some layout imperfections, but it is displayed. And do not give the download option, just display the layout.

And the PDF of this view in the Backend is not working.

What else can I do? :(

How exactly? A custom list template with a link to a custom PDF details template?

You screenshot is showing that a PDF is generated but obviously with wrong CSS.

It's still not clear if you are creating a PDF of your list or of one record's details view.
Is it with all lists or only with one?
Are you using the original Fabrik bootstrap list template with standard PDF button?
Which PDF list template?
Or which PDF form/details template?
Is the same wrong PDF created in frontend and backend?

Is all of your dev site and server site identical (beside of php version)? User access, Joomla/Fabrik overrides, redirects, htaccess, firewalls...

Hello @troester !

As for your questions:

1 - the pdf is a detail of a list item.

2 - is occurring on all lists.

3 - I am using the native PDF button in the detail of an item.

4 - I'm testing the bootstrap (and also a template I made based on this "bootstrap" folder and it didn't work.

5 - yes, the same error occurs on the backend and on the frontend.

6 - yes, the entire site, accesses are identical, localhost and the online version on the server.

The version of php localhost is 7.4, on my online server it is 7.2.

I already deleted the folder with the template that says for the detail view of this list, and it also didn't work :(

I do not know what else to do :(

I already deleted the folder with the template that says for the detail view of this list, and it also didn't work
Which folder?
There's no "details view of a list", there are list templates, form templates, details templates.
You can create custom list PDF templates (base on bootstrap list template or div list template etc) used in list PDF settings and custom details PDF templates used in form settings.

@troester I created a template in that directory: ".../components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl" but I already deleted it to test if it could be that. But it also didn't solve :(

But if you deleted it which one is then selected as PDF layout?
Do you have a link to the details view?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back