• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Make an element as title in a colum with diferent items

javier94

I have this... (attached picture)... with jomla 3.8.8...fabrik 3.8

fabrik question 2.PNGas you can see.. i have 4 possible elements... that i have created as a repeteable group... and i have to repeat 60 times with diferent items.. same title element..

would be possible.. use the element title as a column title ? instead repeat the title element in each register ??

or maybe will be easier, not make a repeteable group??

There is a way to do it without use the php or custom list...?? all the post i have seen are making with php, and i don´t know to much.

what will be the best option.?'

thanks

Javier

i have some troubles.. because the list crashed..

but i make a mistake.. i copied from other group.. and i copy a parent_id element.. i saw in details list... i'm gonna try to delete.. but i'm not surre.. if not.. i will create new list.. and will see if is working.. thanks!!

Last edited:
I show you here what I tryed... the elements now are ok...

list.PNG
As you can see there are 4 repeteable groups.. i set in template as " TABLE".. and the form is working.. the trouble is when you fill the form.. and save the datas... the screen remains white.. and you can not see nothing.. and no error syntaxis appear..!!.. seems is not working...

I have divided instead of one form... with 4 repeteable groups... in 4 forms with 1 repeteable group... seems now is working...

Did the list display work when you had the single form with 4 repeat groups?

Problems with multiple repeat groups are often down to the size of the selected result set when building the list. Just because of the way relational databases work, when you have multiple joins, they are cumulative.

So, if you have a main table and one "left join" to another table (a repeat group) with (say) 5 related rows (repeats), the result set for ...

SELECT FROM parent_table LEFT JOIN child_1 ON ...

... is 5 rows. Add a second join, again with 5 rows, and ...

SELECT FROM parent_table LEFT JOIN child_1 ON ... LEFT join child_2 ON ...

... is 25 rows. Add a third with 5 repeats and it's 125. Add a fourth with 5 repeats and it's 625. Add a fifth with 5 repeats and it's 3,125. And that's just for one row in the table. For a list with (say) 10 displayed rows, multiply that by 10.

And although Fabrik "reduces" that data in list view, we still have to deal with potentially huge data sets returned from the list query, which can easily run PHP out of memory.

So sometimes, what looks like an error on submitting a form with many repeat groups, is actually an error on displaying the list view, after the submission redirects back to the list.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back