Make element hidden by default

Srs.

I created a form where some elements of the "field" type should not be shown by default.

To that my form had this behavior, the way that I found was hide each element by javascript.

But I believe that this isn't the best pratice, because it's possible to view these elements fastly before the full page load.

I try to select the option "Hidden" on "Details session" of the item but if I do this, I can't show it again.

Any suggestion how can I work around this issue and consequently improve my forms?

ty in advance.

Construction:

print1.jpg

Attachments

• print2.jpg
    print2.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 44
i wanted to do this today and found this. glad it's being worked on. toggles are REALLY NEAT enhancement....

if i may suggest one implementation would be to do this when 'show in list' is disabled AND 'always render' is on too. you would need it to be rendered to have the column to display anyway... that would make the colum 'available' in the toggle list but not change the current function. so 'always render' = yes means put in toggle list. and add that to the help for always render (which is where i looked for it).

of course you could add AFO too ;-) but if you checked it and had always render off, probably would yield unexpected results.

just a thought for when you get around to this one way that a lazy guy would implement it without adding AFO.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back