Map And Database In One Web Site

Discussion in 'Community' started by cypherinfo, Jul 14, 2012.

1. cypherinfo Member

Level: Community
    Hello, it is more than a while I do not visit this forum. I'd like to know how it is possible to build a web site over a database that may run web search and display on a google map the results of database query.

I wonder if and how farbik may be of some help.

Thank you.
  2. cheesegrits Support Gopher

hard to know exactly from that description, but yes - we allow you to build lists based on tables, with Google map elements, and we have a filterable Google map visualization for displaying a filtered version of the table data on a single map.

-- hugh
  3. cypherinfo Member

Thank you for your reply. The idea is similar to this: http://livelovely.com/search
    Hopely to add a dropdown or an advanced search boc instead.
    Same layout and content.

Thank you.
  4. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Yes, we can do something very similar to that, with additional search filters in a box above the map.

-- hugh
  5. cypherinfo Member

I always used Fabrik with table of thousands records max. I wonder if its performances are the same for my project with one million and an half of records.

Thank you.
  6. cypherinfo Member

Is there anybody who already test Fabrik with table with more than 1 million of records please?

Thank you.
  7. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Yes, we've had several folk use Fabrik on tables of that size.

Theoretically, it should work just fine. Obviously MySQL itself is going to grind a bit slower with that many records, but Fabrik is very careful never to do "unconstrained" SELECT queries, and we handle creating indexes automatically for anything you use as element filters, etc.

Having said that, you may run across some issues, and certain things like using the "search all" feature, which will search on non-indexed fields, would probably not work, or at least be horribly slow. But if you do run across any unanticipated issues, I'm fairly sure we could overcome them.

-- hugh