Map with many records [SOLVED]

nofc_fro

Hi, I have linked a map to a list correctly. The problem is that this list has almost 2000 address records and the map is loaded slowly. In fact, while the records are displayed for pages of 10 records, they are all displayed in the map. How can I solve this problem?

Do you recommend a particular filter?

Thank you

I assume you are running a recent Fabrik version?

In the viz settings "Advanced" you can limit the number of markers, but there's not something like pagination, it's then always showing the first x markers (records).
You can enable marker clustering so you won't get thousands of single markers but cluster markers (showing the number and expanding if zooming in).

To speed up loading time and/or set e.g. required filters etc. I would:

In Fabrik options "Global" set "Unpublish cloned elements"=yes; this is my preferred way of doing it, afterwards you have to enable new elements you really need;
(You can also keep the default "Unpublish cloned elements"=no, then you have to unpublish all new elements you don't need...)

• copy the list (this will give you a new list/form/groups/elements all on the same underlying database table; these "child elements" are enabled or disabled depending on the Option setting)
  • enable only the elements you need in your map (i.e. id, googlemap; additional elements only if you need them for filtering or in the bubble template)
  • set all enabled elements to "show in list" = no (if you don't need the "list-rendered" view in the bubble template)
  • you can add required filters
  • you can add prefilters
Use this list in your googlemap viz.

It is unlikely you'll get 2000 records to display on a map viz anything like "fast".

The practical limit is usually in the hundreds.

As well as the stuff that Troester suggests, another option is the "defer loading" option on the map viz, which changes it from loading the list data during the map viz page load (which leads to a long delay with nothing visible) to loading an empty map, then doing an AJAX load of the markers. This at least means the page and map load immediately.

-- hugh

I added it relatively recently (earlier this year), while working with a client who needed to display about 500 markers. It means we can at least display the map with a loading spinner, rather than a blank page.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.
Back