• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

max_input_vars

enzo2016

Hi,
I have tried to change the Order by (from Data section into the List settings) because I would want to order by rising id. When I try to Save this change in the List, the following message appears:
Code:
Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0

I have changed this limit to 2000 into the php.ini, but the same message is always appearing (after changing this limit from 1000 to 2000 I have restarted the pc and Apache).
The problem is that can't save the changes in the list settings (in particular the "Order by" setting). I am using PHP 7, Fabrik 3.7 and Joomla 3.7.5.
How could I solve?

Thanks,
Enzo

Last edited:
I've never seen that issue before. And there's nowhere near 1000 inputs on the list edit page. Sounds like either some weird JS error, or something on your server.

If you fill out http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites with a backend login, I'll take a look.

Sorry about the slow response, I was travelling in the UK.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,
sorry for my late reply: I had been losing hope in answer for this thread.
I hope you enjoyed your travel in the UK. I went there about 15 years ago. I like really a lot UK. A best friend of mine is from UK.

I have solved this problem by changing manually the order of the list records. It is not a solution, but only a trick to get the aim.
Until now, that was the only time that this message prevented me to make something. I saw that message different times, but I thought it was only a notice because no problem from it before this thread.
This problem occurred on local not on the online server, so I would not know how to replicate it online.

Thanks,

Enzo

I'm a Brit, moved to the US about 25 years ago, but still have family in the UK.

This is definitely something to do with your specific local install, not much I can do without being able to login and take a look. I doubt very much it's a Fabrik problem.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back