Module works in one position, but not the other

SoilentRed

Caaan do!
I have a page on my site. There are identical versions of the fabrik form module on the same page, only one is in the sidebar position and is visible on the desktop, while the other one is in the top position and is visible on mobile devices.

The form does not save to a database by design. There is only one element which is a dropdown. the users selects an item from a previously submitted form and it redirects to the corresponding form in a popup form when they click submit. The jump page is index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=14&rowid={___Update_Submission_raw}.

when I make my selection and click submit on for the form that loads in the top position, I get a loading animation and the corresponding forms loads as intended. This is not the case on the sidebar module. Below is a video to show whats happening.

As always, your help is appreciated.

Cheers!

When you say "visible on", do you mean the other one doesn't exist on the page, or exists but is hidden? From the video it looks like you are using CSS to hide / show depending on screen size.

If it's the latter, that won't work. You can't have two copies of the same form on the same page, as they will have DOM element id's that clash.

So you'll either need to set up your modules such that they literally don't render on the page (using some third party plugin which detects mobile devices), or you'll need to create a second form that does the same thing, and use two entirely separate forms (that do the same thing).

(I'm not 100% sure that even two separate forms will work, if they are "tableless", as the element names will still be the same, as they lack the differentiating tablename___ part. But at least the form ID's will be different, so submission should work)

-- hugh

Correct, I'm using the module class suffix hidden-sm hidden-xs and visible-sm visible-xs for the two modules.

I tried creating two separate forms and groups and something interesting happened. I assigned the sidebar module to the new group/form and the left the top module the same. For whatever reason the top module is displaying the new form. very odd.

If I understand your previous post, you're saying that if I do this with a table/list, it should work?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back