• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

More info on Juser Form Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackem

I am trying to wrap my head around what the Juser form plugin can do. After reading through the forum and the tooltips, I get that it can be used to recreate the Joomla registration as well as build on it to set up & edit user profile information. Very useful stuff! Question: can it be used for logging in & out as well or is the standard Joomla menu or modules used for this? What about a "I forgot my password" sort of thing work? Any sort of "here is what I did" or tips or tricks would be appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification Hugh - one stumbling block clear! I am just using the default J! functionality so that would mean user login/out and forgotten usernames and passwords would be handled with J!

What I am stuck on now is how this works when a new user wants to register. I am currently using the default J! login accessed from a menu. For a new user, they would click on the "Don't have an account?" link but that would go to the J! registration instead of my F! registration. I guess I could see using the J! registration for the initial info and then use F! for extended information and editing but that just seems clunky. How is this typically or best done? I'm not hung up on one particular approach or another, I just want something clean and intuitive.

The easiest way is to do an override of the "default_login.php" file of the "com_users" component in your main site template and replacing the link to the J! component by the link to your Fabrik form.

Excellent, thank you jfquestiaux for the tip! It took some research to figure out what you meant by that so I'll flesh out the details here in case it can help others like me.

I found "default_login.php" in /components/com_users/views/login/tmpl

I copied the file to my desktop and changed the link in the code ~ line 60 to be the link to my Fabrik user form. So the code went from
Code:
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=registration'); ?>">
to
Code:
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=6'); ?>">

Of course, it isn't a good idea to just mod that file as it will get overwritten with the next update. So it is necessary to perform an override which is detailed here: http://docs.joomla.org/How_to_override_the_output_from_the_Joomla!_core

So for me, that involved placing the modified file into /templates/beez_20/html/com_users/login

Now, when a user goes to my login screen and selects the link "Don't have an Account?", they are directed to the Fabrik form instead of the default Joomla. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back