• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Mp4 file thumbnail configs not working

bespokeappstt

Hubstaff freelancer
I'm using the fileupload and have a list of mp4 files. I want a thumbnail preview. Right now the exact preview size is showing even though I have specified a height and width. What should I do? Here are the configs:
upload_2021-10-9_22-57-45.png

upload_2021-10-9_22-58-47.png

upload_2021-10-9_22-59-14.png

On the front end the mp4 file is so huge you have to horizontally scroll:

upload_2021-10-9_23-0-35.png

Also when the user clicks on the thumbnail I want it to open in a new tab and play. I have configured the 'List View Settings' for this but it doesn't work. When you click on the video it open up in the parent window. How do I get it to open in a new tab?
upload_2021-10-9_23-5-35.png

A mp4 file is no image with a thumbnail, width and height are taken from your video itself.
Use custom CSS to display the size you want and/or override plugins\fabrik_element\fileupload\layouts\fabrik-element-fileupload-video.php

You didn't set a custom link, so no "Link Target" is used.

I'd like to focus on the 'Open in New Tab' functionality. I am not sure I understand what is meant by 'Custom Link'. When I specify a link I thought it meant the base url and you leave the actual filename part blank. Such as:
Code:
http://1.1.1.1/images/stories/

But when I use that for the custom link the filename.mp4 is now left out so nothing plays. When they say custom link, what is meant?

Last edited:
This is what happens when I insert the custom link:
upload_2021-10-11_9-41-35.png

When I uploaded them Fabrik stored them in 'stories' but I also have then in the 'videos' folder. The url you see in the video is not the url but it helps convey the issue.

You can use placeholders in custom link, so adding {table___fileupload-element_raw} into custom link field should do. No need to add the domain part if the link should refer to current domain.

@bespokeappstt : Not sure what you are trying at all.

On my site with "Show media in list"=yes an uploaded mp4-file will automatically create a player with preview and controls and the user can play directly or open the video in full size etc.
The preview size is the the original size defined in the mp4, so you have to use CSS to set your own width/height.

If you set your fileupload "show media in list"=no and link to file then it's showing the filename is list view and a click will open the player on the same site (if somebody wants to add a "Target" option here, too, go ahead...)
It you want to open it in a new tab you can add an override for plugins\fabrik_element\fileupload\layouts\fabrik-element-fileupload-file.php
or you have to define a custom link (with placeholder, see @juuser above) and set the custom link target.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back