1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

Multi page forms question

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by tentas, Mar 10, 2009.

1. tentas New Member

Level: Standard
    When I build a multi page form the menu link drives me to the second page always, if I am logged in like registered user. Works like its meant to work when I am logged out (driven to the first page of the form).

What am I missing?
  2. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Level: Community
    Is this when editing an existing record, or even when creating a new record?

-- hugh
  3. rob Administrator

the multipage for will remember the last page you entered when filling in the form, until you have submitted the form, this allows users to come back to a partially completed form and finish it off. Does this sound like what's happening to you.
    If so then I can see that it might be confusing and perhaps we should put some notification up allowing the user to restart a fresh form....

Rob
  4. tentas New Member

This is exactly what happens to me. I have to mention that it does not happen if the form is submitted by a logged out user. I don't know if this affects, but in the first page of my form I have to use the user element type for my needs(I have to link the joomlauser id with the subscription form and all extra data). So the first page includes a user element type, but the second one does not. Every time the user comes back he's driven to the second page even if he submits the form (finished off form).

Thanks in advance for your quick responses. Fabrik is a really good work.
  5. cheesegrits Support Gopher

OK, that does sound like a bug. I thought we were clearing the 'last page used' session data for that form after the form is submitted, so when you start a new form, it should hit the first page.

I'll see if I can duplicate the problem at my end.

-- hugh
  6. tentas New Member

problem remains

I return to this thread because problem remains. If a registered user submits data into a multi page form , the next time he returns to the same form he's driven to the last page . Additionally fabrik keeps the last session's data into the element's fileds. Nevertheless when new data submitted, creates a new raw with a new id. Probably the problem is the user element type that I´m using. The session seems that does not clear.

For my needs I want to have forms that usr can submit only one time data, with no edit option, and other forms that user can submit data as times as he want .

thanks in advance for your great work.
  7. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I forgot to raise a ticket on this one. I've raised a ticket, hopefully Rob will get to it next week some time.

-- hugh
  8. rob Administrator

ive tested this and don't see the issue. Can you point me at the page where this is occuring for you?
  9. tentas New Member

ok

user> test passwd>test (login first please)
    on site
    http://www.actorsnet.gr/community/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&fabrik=10

You can see that the session is not clear from older submissions. Data remains into the fields. If you submit a new raw is created. Furthermore if you return another time you are driven to the last page. I know that someway somehow, I miss something. But, I'm stuck.

Thanks
  10. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I can confirm that it does go to Page 2 once you have submitted the form and then go back to the new form link.

However, I'm not seeing the "data remains in fields" issue, all the fields are correctly returning to default state when I hit the new form link again. This may be a browser thing - what browser are you testing with? Some browsers and/or third party browser plugins sometimes get overly enthusiastic about auto-filling forms for you.

-- hugh
  11. tentas New Member

data clears, wrong page2 redirection remains

The form clears data now. I disabled save into table feature in the groups page. That way fields remain clear. Remains problem of the second page redirection. Session does not clear
  12. halfa New Member

Sorry to barge in on this thread but I would like to add that I too have the same problem with a multi-page form. For some reason, it keeps going to the last page (group). As I have only just put this form up on the site, I have yet to test actual data entry. I navigated through the form without entering anything to check the display format, then navigated away when I was on the last page, and now when I try to go back into the form, it takes me straight to the last page.
  13. rob Administrator

I'm still having trouble replicating this one, I've made some changes in the SVN regarding how things are stored and removed - try updating and see if that helps
    Rob

@halfa
    thats the desired outcome, if you haven't finished filling in a multipage form you can come back to it at a later stage to finish it.
  14. tentas New Member

svn 1410 did not help

Updated to the last svn, but problem remains. User that already had submitted data is driven to the last page of the form.
  15. rob Administrator

when you say submitted - you mean that they've actually pressed save at the end of the form, or are part way though some of the pages?
  16. cheesegrits Support Gopher

When I tested his page, it was definitely AFTER submitting the form. I then went back to the original form URL, and it dropped me in on page 2.

-- hugh
  17. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I *think* I may have stumbled across the issue whilst working on something else.

It looks like the removeCookie() function in our form session stuff was not correctly removing the cookie version of the saved page data. We were correctly zapping the fabrik_form_session table entry when the form was succesfully submitted, but leaving the cookie in the browser.

I haven't committed my changes yet, as they are part of a larger change I'm still testing (getting validation to work properly from the Fabrik plugin).

I'll try and remember to update this thread when I'm done, but keep an eye on this thread in case I forget:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=53542#post53542

-- hugh
  18. cheesegrits Support Gopher

We've associated another ticket with this thread, we're working on trying to resolve this stuff.

-- hugh
  19. rob Administrator

i believe this issue is resolved in the SVN now - it occurred when you had a multipage form with a redirect plug-in
    The redirect occurred before the form session was cleared out