Multi-Select Checkbox Options recording true values in db

Hi Hugh -- I created a conversation with you. Please take a look. If you need backend info, let me know. What Troester posted above seems like it is definite the issue. Not sure how to diagnose and solve it, myself.
Thanks.
Rainy day up here in NH. Hows it going down in 'Bama?

I think it's your Joomla template.

If I call the form (ihe-edit-profile) with your Joomla template and check a checkbox (e.g. DAP) some JS is changing the <input ...value="DAP"> to <input ...value="true">
With this new value the behaviour you see is to expect: this (wrong) value is stored in the DB, on display Fabrik doesn't find a label for this value, so adding a new (checked) option with value and label = "true"
If I append ?template=protostar to the form the input value is not touched, so I assume it would save correctly to the DB (I didn't try because it's a live site).

Hi Troester, we weren't able to reproduce what you did. Can you please provide more specifics as to your process?

Update: We have now successfully reproduced your findings, Troester. It looks like it is yet another T3 framework issue having to do with the following file:
/plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.js
Which is changing the assigned checkbox values to "true". We are looking into the alt layout override files at the following link posted by Cheesegrits as a possible solution:
https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts

Will update this thread with our findings.

You were probably already expecting this... the alt layouts mentioned above do not call any javascripts. We were already using them. So we still have the issue.in the bootstrap.js file. Any thoughts on a workaround? I was holding off on renewing my JoomlArt subscription as they have merged recently and the subscription options have changed. Not sure which to get. Evaluating them.

Still can't find the link. PM'ed you a screenshot of what I see after I log in.

-- hugh
We think we were able to resolve the problem. Still testing. I'm not sure if I mentioned it above, but in the problem section, we had a bunch of custom modules we created to change what was displayed to the user in each record's detail view. Basically taking our Label text (including checkbox labels) and changing them into statements instead of questions. There were JQuery function stuff in those modules which apparently conflicted with both Fabrik and the T3 template. We cleaned the code. I'm not sure if pasting it here would be relevant to Fabrik users since they are basically Joomla custom modules, and were not mods on the Fabik form or list modules.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back