• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

My lists are loading slowly since last Joomla update

Hello,

My lists suddenly load slowly. Most of the lists have only 15 elements on display. The table contains 1715 rows but the number of rows to display is set to 50.

My site runs on Joomla version 3.9.2, Fabrik 3.9. , Protostar, PHP version 7.1.26.

Any idea why?

List ID 38 is loading in about 1 to 2 seconds for me.

Do you have your pagination display count set to something high?

-- hugh

I only display 20 rows and it always takes time when I try to use the filter. I have to wait some 3 to 5 seconds until everything is displayed to be able to use the filter.

I was able to log in with the 'fabrik' account.

Tried on the front end with the /gestione-degli-orari list, adding and removing filter values, and ttfb is still reliaby between 2.0 and 2.5 seconds, and I can open the filters immediately

On first load, or if I do an "empty cache and hard reload" in Chrome, such that all the assets are reloading, it's about 5s.

Note that your custom_css.php and template.php from the list template folder are being blocked with a 403 (check the network tab in dev tools), which will add a little to the load time. So tweak whatever setting your have (maybe htaccess, or admin tools, or some such) to allow access to those.

Other than that, you'd have to enable Joomla debug and look a the profile, and / or do a &fabrikdebug=1, copy the getData query and "explain" it in your MySQL client of choice, to see if there are any obvious bottlenecks.

-- hugh

Thank you for your valuable pieces of advice.

I did a Joomla debug and found that there are 59 queries, 38 of which are duplicated. Is the duplication of queries an issue? Also, I tried a &fabrikdebug=1 and got an error 404.

The result of the Joomla debug for the following queries:

SELECT guest, client_id

FROM j25_session

WHERE client_id = 0

The status of the profile: sending data took 0.14ms

SELECT m.id, m.title, m.module, m.position, m.content, m.showtitle, m.params, mm.menuid

FROM j25_modules AS m

LEFT JOIN j25_modules_menu AS mm
ON mm.moduleid = m.id

LEFT JOIN j25_extensions AS e
ON e.element = m.module
AND e.client_id = m.client_id

WHERE m.published = 1
AND e.enabled = 1
AND (m.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_up <= '2019-08-03 11:06:05')
AND (m.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR m.publish_down >= '2019-08-03 11:06:05')
AND m.access IN (1,1,2,6,7,9,225,258,299)
AND m.client_id = 0
AND (mm.menuid = 1198 OR mm.menuid <= 0)

ORDER BY m.position, m.ordering

The status of the profile: Creating sort index took 2.05 ms

UPDATE `j25_extensions`

SET `params` = '{\"mediaversion\":\"18bbc53bed6bc9a72d14a650f1f86874\"}'

WHERE `type` = 'library'
AND `element` = 'joomla'

The status of the profile: query end took 6.07 ms

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE "collation_database"

The status of the profile: sending data took 1.39 ms

Can those queries be optimised? Please advise.

I think there are no Fabrik queries in "Database Queries".
Have a look at "Profile Information"

No, I don't mean "Profile" inside the "Database Queries" but the Tab "Profile Informations"
upload_2019-8-3_17-17-59.png

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back