• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

MYSQL Error with Mysql version 8 and FullCalendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

achartier

Super Moderator
Staff member
On my development system, Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS, PHP 7.4.3 and Mysql 8.0.21 when I open the ChooseAddEvent window in full calendar I am getting an SQL error 1525 Incorrect DATETIME value: ''

In plugins/fabrik_visualization/fullcalendar/models/fullcalendar.php around line 529 we have the following:
Code:
$query->where(FabrikString::safeColName($endField) . ' >= ' . $db->quote($calStart));
$query->where(FabrikString::safeColName($startField) . ' <= ' . $db->quote($calEnd));

The values for $calStart and $calEnd are obtained at the start of the function with these 2 statements:
Code:
$calStart = $input->get('startDate', '');
$calEnd   = $input->get('endDate', '');
but neither of those input values are in the ajax request so the values are assigned a null string ''.

In Mysql version 8 apparently you can no longer compare a DATETIME to '' and Mysql throws the subject error.

So, I do not know whether these 2 values should be defined or where they would be defined. I tried hard coding dates in the vis setup limits area but this did not help.

If the values are indeed empty then substituting IS NOT NULL instead of the comparatives would probably solve the problem but I imagine there is a reason for these values.

As far as I can see these values are holding the start and enddate of the displayed calendar view (month, week...), so limiting the events to load and to display. Otherwise the query would load the complete list.

If I add a var_dump I get e.g. $calStart 2020-07-26 for August month view etc.

I didn't manage to see them empty (running php7.2)

They seem to be set in plugins\fabrik_visualization\fullcalendar\fullcalendar.js line 69

So beside of having some defensive coding for the start/end WHERE why are the values empty in your case?

That is true, but, that is for the initial calendar load. That function is not called for the chooseAddEvent Window. When this window is loaded a similar call is made but the dates are not included in the Ajax call.

Try to upgrade it Mysql 8.0.21 and then try to open it in full, because sometimes calendar takes time to load features, but i think upgrading this would work.

Not sure where this is done, but it's calling getEvents in a multi-list fullcalendar for the given lists + one time with listid='' (and start/enddate not defined).

Which isn't catched by
if ((!empty($listid) && $this_listid != $listid) (around line 428)

Doing
if (empty($listid)|| (!empty($listid) && $this_listid != $listid) )

should solve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back