• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

MySQL error with quote characters

dozius

Hello everyone,
I am using Fabrik 3.9 on J3.9.10 (upgraded today to J3.9.11) and I have the following issue:

When I enter some text in a field or text area containing single or double quotation marks (i.e. ' and "), I get a MySQL error. I searched thoroughly the forum and found only some old posts, explaining that the quotation marks mess with the MySQL query (obviously), and suggest modifying the Fabrik core files! If I have missed some important relevant post, please let me know.
In any case, I would like to avoid to modify Fabrik code myself; so I am looking for a different workaround.

Some time ago, I setup another website with Fabrik 3.8, but I got no such errors. Could this be a bug in F3.9? Is it possible to downgrade to Fabrik 3.8 from 3.9? Or I will have to setup all forms/lists/elements from scratch?

Thanks in advance!

PS This error happens only when submitting/saving a Fabrik form. e.g. simple articles can be saved without problems even if they contain quotation marks in their title and/or body.

Last edited:
I don't think this is a systemic Fabrik issue. I can't replicate the problem, and if this was a Fabrik bug, we'd be getting huge numbers of people reporting it.

What PHP and MySQL version?

Is it conceivable you are running PHP 5.x with Magic Quotes enabled, or some such?

-- hugh

Hi, thanks for your response.

I don't think this is a systemic Fabrik issue. I can't replicate the problem, and if this was a Fabrik bug, we'd be getting huge numbers of people reporting it.
I guess you are right about this. But the error occurs only with Fabrik, that 's why I "hoped", it would be a bug of the latest version :(

My system configuration is the following: MySQL: 5.7.27 , PHP: 7.2.19.
I have read about Magic Quotes, but it has been deprecated since PHP 5.3 or 5.4, I dont remember.

Maybe it's some crazy setting, that causes some incompatibility. I dont know; I am trying to track it down. If you have any ideas on this, please let me know!

Last edited:
I have setup a new website (on the same machine), following pretty much the same steps as with the "buggy website". The new website works fine (I mean Fabrik).
There is no obvious reason why the new website works, and the old one is not.
Any ideas how to track what ruined my original website?

Regards.

No idea. I've never seen this issue before, except waaaaay back when PHP 5.x and Magic Quotes was a thing.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back