Need help with user IDs and access levels for specific data fields

Thorstein

Hi Support: We need help with user IDs and access levels.

Our site will publish campaigns but each user will get different URL tracking codes and reward-plans, thus some element in a list is user dependent and other data is generic for registred users.

were and how do we define a data field as only viewable /accessible for a specific use ID.

Can you please setup an example and give instructions?

*Furthermore we need a quick guide on where and how to write a css /template for display of details. Do you maybe have an example we can get access to?

hi
I've updated your site ~dan30130/ with the latest code from github so now if you edit an element, in the access tab under the 'details view' you should see a new option 'Or user field' - here you can select the user element, whose value would need to be the same as the logged in user in order for that user to see the element in the details view.

I've made a video for the details template which should give you a start in understanding how details templates are made:
its encoding and uploading at the moment, I'll post the link when its ready..

-Rob

rob - re your Skype msg this morning, yeah, I'd meant to let you know that Vimeo links (and quite a few other standard cloud video sites) in posts will neatly embed the player.

Cool, huh?

:)

-- hugh

Hey Rob and co.,
We do see the changes you have made in the back-end for the "access tab", and get how it should work.
Unfortunately we just can seem to get it working as intended?

The "Or user field" is set to "User", but no matter who we log in as, all elements are shown for all users!? :-/

Also a lot of error messages are starting to pop up now?

Maybe you can provide at little user friendly guide for dummys on it!? ;))

Some errors are popping up with the "Strict Standards"?

Error on user Profile page:
- Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/dan30130/public_html/plugins/user/profileMyBet/profileMyBet.php on line 16

Error in the LIST => Details => Advanced
(index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&layout=edit)
- Strict Standards: Declaration of JFormFieldCollation::setup() should be compatible with that of JFormField::setup() in /home/dan30130/public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/fields/collation.php on line 68

/Cheers

Unfortunately we just can seem to get it working as intended?
I've recreated it for you, and re-tested and it still works for me, perhaps you were testing as super admin? In which case that would have overridden the setting

- Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/dan30130/public_html/plugins/user/profileMyBet/profileMyBet.php on line 16
I'd change the site error reporting level to check for possible errors, seems that profileMyBet doesn't conform to PHP Strict standards.
I've fixed our code so that that notice for "Strict Standards: Declaration of JFormFieldCollation::setup() s" should no longer appear if you decide to turn PHP error reporting back to the 'developer' level.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back