New PDF option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a recommended template for multipage lists? I am getting that error as well on larger pages. It also only prints the first page. Is there a wage to get multi-page forms to print>

There's nothing yet, if you enable pdf debug and then report the outputted html to the dompdf thread linked to earlier in this thread perhaps they can tell us why it fails to render

The PDF debug HTML site is (in list, form, details)

showing Joomla site's header and foot (only menus are omitted)
not using the defined PDF template
showing all fabrik buttons, filters, list navigation

So maybe this should be fixed before sending the HTML to dompdf.

also I was testing a way to change the orientation and paper size, without success, the parameters set in dompdf_config.inc.php either in dompdf_config.custom.inc.php are ignored.
Any parametrs is passed trought the fabrik code?
I was testing with github of 20/06; updated to github of 1 hour ago and the pdf has completely stop to work, no errors and no output.

the render work also with the lastest gihub, if you enable then disable the debug. Seems debug is enable by default

PDF format no download

Hello guys

when i click on pdf button, redirected to page same as list view but with no links column, and no pdf download. let me know what could be problem.
thanks

Kalyan

There's a new debug PDF option (in fabrik options) showing the HTML sent to dompdf.
It seems it's enabled by default, so reset it in the fabrik options.

Just tested this new function. It works but i have problem with Greek characters.It gives ???????????(question marks) in the pdf. Any idea on how to find a solution?

PDF is displaying German umlaute.
This is what I found in \libraries\dompdf\dompdf_config.inc.php
* The pdf standard "Base 14 fonts" are:
* Courier, Courier-Bold, Courier-BoldOblique, Courier-Oblique,
* Helvetica, Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica-BoldOblique, Helvetica-Oblique,
* Times-Roman, Times-Bold, Times-BoldItalic, Times-Italic,
* Symbol,
* ZapfDingbats,
* *Please note the trailing slash.*
*/
def("DOMPDF_FONT_DIR", DOMPDF_DIR . "/lib/fonts/");
* When enabled, dompdf can support all Unicode glyphs. Any glyphs used in a
* document must be present in your fonts, however.
*/
def("DOMPDF_UNICODE_ENABLED", true);
So maybe your Greek font must be added to this dompdf folder
...\libraries\dompdf\lib\fonts

discover that the page setting in dompdf_config.inc.php are override by the setting in DOMPDF contructor (include/dompdf.cls.php); paper size & orientation can be set here.
Try now to find a way fit the output to page, with a floating theme.

Be aware that this will be overridden with any update (but I think at the moment it's the same with dompdf_config.inc.php and dompdf_config.custom.inc.php)

Fit page: you can define CSS width:xxcm;
I'm not sure how this is interacting with px settings;

CSS float: there's an option
define("DOMPDF_ENABLE_CSS_FLOAT", true); (default is false, somewhere I saw a comment that CSS float is work in progress)

Be aware that this will be overridden with any update (but I think at the moment it's the same with dompdf_config.inc.php and dompdf_config.custom.inc.php)

Fit page: you can define CSS width:xxcm;
I'm not sure how this is interacting with px settings;

CSS float: there's an option
define("DOMPDF_ENABLE_CSS_FLOAT", true); (default is false, somewhere I saw a comment that CSS float is work in progress)

thank for the infos, I will try asap
Yes obviously the changes are overwrite with updates also in the config files. (actually I'm updating only with github).
Anyway I've also list.php changed because the pdf render give error if you convert a list view with the ordering by column option enabled (dompdf can't find the bullet images also if are reachable from the html link, the debug html output shown them correctly)

DOMPDF_ENABLE_CSS_FLOAT", true not work for me.
I can fit my table in the pdf page using custom_css.php.
#listform_$c table.fabrikList {
width: 80%;
font-size:0.8em;
}

But found a bug, when you set in the edit list the "pdf template" it's completely ignored, dompdf always use the template declared in "Front-end template"

I need to be able to select different template for view and to generate pdf as supposed to

Great link.
Yes, I've found the error (list exceeding one page), too.
I think until dompdf has fixed this we have to create special PDF templates without e.g. <div class="fabrikDataContainer">

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back