Pagination in Joomlart templates breaks after Fabrik 3.8. update

batinax

Before the update this problem was only present in Fabrik pages, now it's all over the site.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 51
As Troester says, I can't replicate this in Purity III. And it looks like the dev license they gave me for integration work has expired. I've fired off a message to them requesting a renewal, but it might be a few days.

Meanwhile, if you want to find me on Skype (cheesegrits, hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com) you can send me the install for one of those templates. I'll break my usual rule about not getting licensed products from people to test with, as I know JoomlArt won't mind, they've always been very good about giving me access. It just sometimes takes a while to get their attention.

-- hugh

OK, well that was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be!

Turns out the problem was between the way we autoload things like view, layout and pagination overrides / class extensiuons and the way t3 does it.

I've got it working locally, but I need to test it for a day or two before I commit the changes.

-- hugh

Pagination in Joomla articles is fine now, but Fabrik gives following error
Call to undefined method Fabrik\Helpers\LayoutFile::getLayoutId()

What version of J! and the JoomlArt T3 plugin are you using? Or rather, are you using the latest versions of both?

Our Layout helper extends the J! JLayoutFile class (well, it's actually the FileLayout class in 3.8, but there's an alias), and the getLayoutId() function definitely exists. Things get a little complex with J! versions, as prior to 3.8 that class was located in a different file. But with J! 3.8 and the latest T3 installed, it's in ...

plugins/system/t3/includes/joomla4/FileLayout.php

... and the getLayoutId() function is at line 308 (at least in my copy, I may not be bang up to date).

Without T3 installed, it's the stock J! file in ...

libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php

... with getLayoutId also at line 308.

-- hugh

You were right. T3 caused trouble. I had to manually update to the latest version and now everything works fine. Thank you again.

What version of J! and the JoomlArt T3 plugin are you using? Or rather, are you using the latest versions of both?

Our Layout helper extends the J! JLayoutFile class (well, it's actually the FileLayout class in 3.8, but there's an alias), and the getLayoutId() function definitely exists. Things get a little complex with J! versions, as prior to 3.8 that class was located in a different file. But with J! 3.8 and the latest T3 installed, it's in ...

plugins/system/t3/includes/joomla4/FileLayout.php

... and the getLayoutId() function is at line 308 (at least in my copy, I may not be bang up to date).

Without T3 installed, it's the stock J! file in ...

libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php

... with getLayoutId also at line 308.

-- hugh
Hi,

I am new to Fabrik. I am using 3.8.1 and using a joomshaper helix ultimate template.

I still am experiencing this pagination problem. What is causing the trouble? Thank you.

Hi Troester,

According to Joomshaper, Helix Ultimate is Bootstrap 4. Should I still use the overrides? Thanks.

Yes.

I'll be putting out a Boostrap 4 override set at some point, but for now the v3 stuff is close enough to work for most things.

-- hugh

Ok. I will try the override set for the meantime.

Hopefully BS4 override set will be available soon. Thanks a lot

I also use Helix. Have been checking in from time to time to see if it's safe to update to 3.8.10 yet. Seems it's not safe yet?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back