1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

Paid support

Discussion in 'Guests' started by amar_strange, Nov 19, 2008.

1. amar_strange Guest

Level: Community
    hi,
    First of all , i dont know why i am not able to login into forums.

Project Paid support;

I am working on a project which include following features....

Frontend

1. Registered user can ask questions in apporpriate category.
    2. Can browse questions in all categories.
    3. Can see the answers to all questions asked in library by paying.

Backend
    1. Admin can see the asked questions
    2. can answer the question

The project is quiet similar to paid help like
    brainmass.com

where users ask questions and get answers after paying through paypal.

i wonder if i can do this with fabrik??

thanks in advance
  2. cheesegrits Support Gopher

You have to log in once using the Joomla login to get it to sync over to the forums. I've sync'ed accounts by hand, you should be able to login to vB now.

The above looks do'able, except for the payment gateway stuff. You'll have to use some kind of subscription manager like AEC which bumps people between J! groups (so when they pay, they get bumped from, say, Registered to Author). Then you can just use the built in ACL's in J!/Fabrik to control who has access to what.

-- hugh
  3. amar Guest

Thanks for reply.

Have you checked the website i gave?
    Yes i think it is doable, but will take much time....Dont u think so?
  4. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I don't see a web site link?

Are you able to login to the forums now?

-- hugh
  5. amar_strange New Member

6. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Oops, I didn't see that in the first post, I was scanning for some green link text.

Go ahead and post in the Fabrik Projects forum, I'll give you an estimate. Note that the Fabrik Projects forum is restricted so only you and Fabrik staff can see your posts, so we can have discussions in private.

-- hugh