Parseerror - while using Autofill plugin while databasejoin

I try to use autofill of the field according field which has databasejoin.

Lookup Field - Field which I need to autofill (type field)
Field to Observe - Field which is using for search (databasejoin)

How it is possible to fix?
Form id 24

What fields are you actually trying to autofill?

Your field map had first and last names, but they don't exist on the time off list. And you just had short names, mapping first to last, rather than how the tooltip shows you of the form ...

{"fromtable___fromelement":"totable___toelement","fromtable___anotherone":"totable___anotherone"}

So if you wanted to map first and last names from employees to timeoff ...

{"employees___first_name":"timeoff___first_name","employees___last_name":"employees___last_name"}

But as I said, those fields don't exist on the timeoff table.

And you were watching the Name element, but trying to match it with the Fedex ID on the employees table.

Can you explain exactly what you are trying to do. Are you just trying to preset the "Name" join to that of the logged on user?

-- hugh

OK, it's working.

So ...

Lookup Field: id
Observed Field: Name

As per the tooltips ... the "Observed Field" is the value which will be searched for in the lookup table. In this case, it's the value of your Name join, which is the 'id' of the employee table. So "Lookup field" is 'id', matching the value in your Name join.

The map data is then:

{"employee_information___fid":"time_off_request___fid"}

... which maps the fid from the employee table to the time off table.

However ... if this is a form that your logged on users will be filling out on the front end, why not simply default both the name and the fid automatically when creating the new form?

-- hugh

Last edited:
Done.

What about my question about simply defaulting it to the values of the logged on user, rather than having them select their own name and autofilling?

-- hugh

This form will be filling by manager. But the idea is good. I think this feature will be useful in any way. Please, look on the updated document which I have sent via skype.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back