PDF layout ignores the custom_css.php

joomlamate

I have a few forms that on submission they generate a PDF. I use the MPDF library.
For the first form, the generation of PDF considers the custom_css.php file and it adds style to the PDF.
For the second form, I have duplicated the PDF layout and assigned as the PDF for that form. But whatever I try, when it comes to produce the PDF it just ignores the css.
If I set this PDF template as the layout for the Details view, the css is applied in the document. But for the PDF it is ignored.
The custom_css.php is the same is the one for the first form.

This one has baffled me and I don't know what else I should look.
Any ideas?

Hi @troester
Well this is a project I was working on some months ago - I had tried so many (unbelievable how many) things, and spent hours on debugging the PDF, in an effort to make the pdf consider the css php file - but everything was failing miserably. I decided to stop trying, compromised with the idea that it won't work and added the most essential styles as inline css.

Now, I revived this thread while I was just searching for an older post of mine and when I saw this one I remembered that recently I saw a PDF from a submission of that form with the missing styles - compared to other ones from other forms that work without this issue (on the same website/fabrik setup).

Anyway, I don't think I have the courage to start debugging this again at this moment.

I just finished another big Fabrik project (~6months) which had its own issues to resolve and fix - and fixed in the meantime with a PR the thing with the TextFilters - Custom Black List for the textarea element, that you merged recently and what I want now is 1,2 days of peace of mind - as new projects are waiting.

I will post screenshots of this app in the showcase section at a later point - I think you will find it interesting.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back