PDF print of list "Please select at least one filter"

Opusxc

When printing a PDF from a list, the PDF prints but does not show any records in it and below the column headings adds the error: "Please select at least one filter". A filter has been applied and the list shows about 100 records.

This was working fine until the upgrade to Fabrik 3.8.

Please can you assist.

Thanks

Thanks Hugh,

Yes this the Opus site. Take a look here https://opusxc.opusxenta.com/deceased-search

In the search field put in a name like "collatti" and press enter. The list will then show a record. Press the PDF button and view the PDF and it just says that a filter needs to be used.

If you search for a name like "smith" which has lots of records, I get a different error which is the PDF creation stops with a "Network failure".

Thanks for the help !

OK, I think it's SP Page Builder. I've run into issues with it before. It does something weird to the "context", which we rely on for knowing what filters are set on which list. So when the pdf link gets loaded, the context is different. The "context" is an internal identifier, which basically identifies which menu item / module / content plugin / etc. the list was rendered on. So then when we load other links from that list, we know which list they were associated with, and hence which filters to apply. SP Page Builder does some very strange manipulation of some basic J! things like the application scope, that we rely on for managing that context. Specifically, we think we're being loaded in a J! menu item context, but SP Page Builder changes that to (iirc) a module context.

One of these days I'll spend some quality time with SP Page Builder and try and figure out what it's doing. But for now ... if you find problems with things like this, just don't use SP Page Builder for that menu item.

If you look at your menu items, I've added a "Hugh Test", which is a regular J! menu item (not an SP Page Builder item) for the same list. I've disabled it for now, but if you publish it, and test that on your front end, you'll see that behaves normally.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back