1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

pdf to download after clicking submit

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by roll82, Jun 17, 2011.

1. roll82

roll82 Member

Level: Community
    Hey,

i know i have see this here in the forum before but cant find it anymore because of the search limitation with the 3 letters.

I have a form that triggers a joomla article with placeholders. Have form submit plugin that creates a email with the joomla article template and the placeholders but would like after submitting the form to appear a window or a download with the article converted to pdf.

So, when you click submit a popup comes up with the created pdf to download.

possible?

2. rob

rob Administrator Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  3. roll82

roll82 Member

Thanks Rob,
    somehow there is no text in the link.

this comes up: There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page.

4. bea

bea Active Member

1 person likes this.
  5. roll82

roll82 Member

Danke Bianka :)

6. rob

rob Administrator Staff Member

ah sorry that must have been the url that's used when I'm editing the wiki page!

7. roll82

roll82 Member

thanks guys, next time i will look in the wiki first before i post :)

does this work if you have a joomla article as a email template?
    I am using an article with a submission plugin. I would like this article to show in the pdf display. when i try the redirect plugin as described in the wiki i get this error:

"500 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: form,PDF,fabrikView"

this is my redirection url:
    index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&fabrik=57&format=PDF&rowid={rowid}

i have tried to change the "rowid" but same error. Does the row id has to be set up to a number?

cheers guys

8. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Try lower case pdf.

However, be prepared for other issues within the PDF rendering. The ancient TCPDF library currently shipping with Joomla has a lot of issues, like using PHP functions that have since been deprecated.

We're kind of putting off putting much effort into our PDF views until J! update to an up to date version of the TCPDF lib.

-- hugh