PHP plugin does not work on repeating group form?

AlfredJK

Hi, i try to trigger a php plugin on a form that's part of a repeating group. But it seems that this is not working.

my situation:

Main form with 2 left joins
I try to launch a php trigger on the form of the 2e join. Unfortunately nothing happens. I tried it on several triggers.

Not sure what you mean with
I try to launch a php trigger on the form of the 2e join.
There's no "form of the 2e join" and no "form that's part of a repeating group".
A repeating group is part of a form - your main form (not vice versa) - and you must add the php plugin to this main form.

okay - i implemented the php plugin on the main form. That works fine :) The php generates a unique key. On the first iteration of the repeating group the key is filled on the right place in the form. When i push the plus button to get a second record in that group i hoped that the php plugin would launch again. To get a new unique key.

What did you select as "Process script"? I don't think there's a hook you can use "on Create Group".

Last edited:
Hi Troester, i tried it on 'OnCanEditGroup' but that doesn't work. I searched for the 'OnCreateGroup':) That would help. Maybe a new feature in the next version?

'OnCanEditGroup' is related to group access settings (e.g. the complete repeated group).

Additional "groups" inside a repeated groups are created via JS (so it seems there's no "new" default php calculation).

You could do it yourself, using the 'fabrik.form.group.duplicate.end' JS event, then do an AJAX call to the server to generate the key (unless you can do the same thing in JS), and poke the value into the element on the page directly.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back