1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you update to Joomla 3.9.16, you will have to update Fabrik from the latest GitHub version, to fix a bug introduced in Joomla, which makes it impossible to list front end folder locations in backend JForms. This affects things like template selection.
    Dismiss Notice

Placeholders in Email List plugin

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by Incremental, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Incremental

Incremental Member

Level: Community
    Hi,
    I would like to send by mail to one of my recorded users in a list, the URL of his informations.
    I used {$mosConfig_live_site} placeholder to reconstruct the URL + fabrik path to the right form.
    But I miss the row ID.
    When I try {rowid} or '{rowid}' I get this text in my mail, not the ID.
    What could be wrong ?
    Thanks

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Hmm, {rowid} should work.

Can you try using the element name for whatever element is the PK (Primary Key) of your list? It'll usually be the 'id' element, like {yourtable___id}.

-- hugh

3. Incremental

Incremental Member

with this placeholder I get the right ID
    but in the Email message I wrote
    PHP:
    {$mosConfig_live_site}index.php/fabrik/list-inscriptions/form/6/{inscriptions___id}
    and I get the following source, in 2 hyperlinks :
    HTML:
    <span xxx><span yyy>
    <a target="_blank" href="http://www.domain.com/index.php/fabrik/list-inscriptions/form/6/">http://www.domain.com/index.php/fabrik/list-inscriptions/form/6/</a>
    </span></span>
    <a class="fabrik___rowlink  fabrik_edit">9</a>

1) why 2 hyperlinks ?
    2) what could be wrong with {rowid} ?

Thanks

4. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

{inscriptions___id} contains the complete link to the form (if link to details=yes)
    So use only {inscriptions___id}
    or
    {$mosConfig_live_site}index.php/fabrik/list-inscriptions/form/6/{inscriptions___id_raw}

rob likes this.