• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Plugin List Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelis

Have been using the Email List Plugin with no problems last week.
Today I have receive this error message when trying to send emails from the list
Fatal error: Call to a member function getInt() on a non-object in
.../plugins/fabrik_list/email/models/email.php on line 121

Updated the plugin earlier this week and my coding is the same as on Github as of the today
line 121 is highlighted in red text below

public function getToField()
{
$input = $this->app->input;
$this->_type = 'table';
$this->_id = $input->getInt('id', 0);
$params = $this->getParams();
$toType = $this->_toType();

Thanks for any solutions/suggestions

Steve

Yeah, sounds like you may have overwritten up to date github code with an older release ZIP.

Suggest a full github update.

-- hugh

I believe the update was done via Joomla and it was just the List Email Plugin
The current version displayed for the plugin is 3.3.4
However, I will do full github update

Thanks
Steve

No updates from github prior to update from J
Have just done a full update from github and still experiencing the same error as described in first post
Fatal error: Call to a member function getInt() on a non-object in .../plugins/fabrik_list/email/models/email.php on line 121 which is $this->_id = $input->getInt('id', 0);

Thanks
Steve

Back tracking just a little in the steps that created this problem for me
List email plugin working ok on all three different lists.
In the admin J Control Panel the following message - 50 Extensions updates are available
From the View Updates selected the Fabrik Con - Email (3.3.4) and Fabrik List - Email (3.3.4) and updated by J
However, I did not update the Fabrik Component.
Currently installed 3.3.2
As you click on the email icon on each of the 4 Lists, the same error in each case,
Fatal error: Call to a member function getInt() on a non-object in .../plugins/fabrik_list/email/models/email.php on line 121 which is $this->_id = $input->getInt('id', 0);
Then did a full update from github, with the same result and error message.
I did a site restore but the oldest restore doesn't go far enough back to when the list email was working.
Currently I have the following installations Fabrik Component 3.3.2, Fabrik List - Email 3.3.4 and Fabrik Con - Email 3.3.4
No doubt this could be the problem.
Should I update the fabric component to 3.3.4 first and the best way to do so, or should I be doing something else first
Appreciate the advise.

Steve

Sorry about the delay, Thanksgiving got in the way.

I'm surprised the error persisted when you did a full github update, as the problem is that 3.3.2 did not include the "dependency injection" code in the core, which we added in 3.3.4, which sets up things like $this->app in all the main models. So updating a plugin to 3.3.4 without also updating the core component will cause that error. But doing a full github update should fix it.

Are you sure you uploaded *everything* when you did the github update?

-- hugh

hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving
As per the Wiki page, downloaded 3.3.4 unzipped and the uploaded all files via ftp except the Fabrik_build folder with no error messages.
I will try again with a full github update

Thanks Hugh - I have also replied to your last email on the php script
Steve

Ok, have done a complete github update
Done a refresh cache and Fabrik component showing as 3.3.4 along with the other plugins.
However, when selecting the View data of the Stewards list, the following is displayed
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /home/camsjac/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/access/layouts/fabrik-element-access-list.php on line 6
here is the file and line 6 is highlighted in red. I thought the error related to a missingit was missing >? but the error remained
<?php

defined('JPATH_BASE') or die;

$d = $displayData;
echo $d['text'];

I can open the other lists no problems
And the List plugin - email appears to be working on the other three lists

Hopefully the above error makes sense to you hugh

Steve

Ah, ok. That's where we've deleted a file from github, but it's still on your system. Hmmmm.

Just go ahead and delete the file referenced in that error message. If you use the color picker or birthday elements, delete the -list layout from those as well. They now use the default element list layout, they don't have their own.

One of the little hidden problems with using github without using git itself. When you update directly using git, it'll know to delete files that have been deleted on github. But when doing it via ZIP downloading and uploading of files, old stuff doesn't get deleted. Usually doesn't matter, but in this case, it did.

-- hugh

is your access element version 3.3.4, too? It must be $d->text

gesendet mit Tapatalk

That was it
Have deleted the file and no error messages and email working

Hugh - I have just resent my last email to you
Thanks again
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.