Plugin Logs

stefanogta

Good evening, with fabrik I created a management software for the management of practices, with assignment of these to users. Everything seems to be working fine.

As a last step I would like to create a "change tracking" system and so I am starting to configure the logs plugin in the affected fabrik module. We come to the first problem: how can I indicate the modified field in the log? Or rather, in the templates I've seen the field is already indicated, but I don't know which field the user has modified. (In the module there are many) I would like to create a log of the type: on the day, the user changed [THE FIELD] to edit field. What I can't configure [THE FIELD] that I can't know no matter what it is. Can the plugin be configured so that it is he who tells me the modified field and not me in the template? I hope I was clear. A thousand thanks

Try the newer "log" form plugin. Not documented in the WIKI yet, see the tooltips in the plugin settings for details.

Prova il nuovo plug-in del modulo "log". Non ancora documentato nella WIKI, consulta i suggerimenti nelle impostazioni del plug-in per i dettagli.

Hello, thanks for the reply, but I am already using the latest version available (3.10) and there is no entry in the options. Writing the template manually, I don't know how to instruct the plugin to tell me only the modified field.

Agreed, the feature would be "nice to have".

However, it appears that it's not part of the newer "log" form plugin, and if you can't get the "compare data" to work in the older "logs" plugin, then the "work in progress" note for it in the Wiki seems to mean that it isn't functional, indeed. You can tell, I haven't tried it...

I'm thinking it should be possible get equivalent functionality working with a bit of DIY coding in a PHP form plugin instead?

Newer "log" plugin works fine for me. It writes the data like modified field, changed by user, old and new value etc. to the database tables #__fabrik_change_log, #__fabrik_change_log_fields and #__fabrik_change_log_types. You can create a new Fabrik list referring to #__fabrik_change_log_fields table and make the appropriate joins to other log tables from there.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back