1. We apologize for the slow support at the moment. Hugh (cheesegrits) is scheduled for some major back surgery this month to repair two ruptured discs which are severely hampering his ability to work, and one of our stalwart community support members is on vacation for the month. Please bear with us.

Popup bug fix

Discussion in 'Community' started by grey666, Feb 16, 2009.

1. grey666 Member

Level: Community
    Popups on the frontend started working again after svn 1182.

The change was to views/form/form.js line 676
    to: var data = $H(this.getFormData());

The problem is popups still don't work on the backend. (admin, view data, add, add-popup, submit), hangs on Loading.

The error is:
    Syntax error
    (<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTM...TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">\n

The problem is:
    views/form/form.js line 685
    var ojson = Json.evaluate(json);

It's the mootools.js (not fabrik) processing the form DOCTYPE.

I am still learning javascript, but if I set var ojson = [];, the error goes away but the popup still does not close correctly.

It never gets to line 701 - "stop spinner"

I'm not sure what the problem is... ss attached of the code. It's not formatted correctly - I missed a bracket {.

The original error that svn 1182 fixed was for the calendar popup - the error was "d is undefined"

Attached Files:

2. grey666 Member

There is an error as soon as the popup launches:
    fbField is not defined
    http://www.mysite.com/media/system/js/mootools.js
    Line 98

fbField is only found in:
    plugins/element/fabrikfield/javascript.js:var fbField = FbElement.extend({
    plugins/element/fabrikfield/fabrikfield.php: return "new fbField('$id', $opts)" ;
  3. grey666 Member

Replicating the bug:

Create a new table w/ 1 field (table1)
    Create another new table w/ 1 field (table2)(element type=field)

Join the element of table1 with the element of table2
    Set the 'Add option in front end' to 'yes'

Fabric-Tables->table1 view data->add record->Add button
  4. grey666 Member

Oops... sorry Rob, didn't see your post on the other thread and I created this thread to just try and help debug the problem. I'm still a noob... apologies.
  5. rob Administrator

no need to apologies, but please keep posts together relating to a single topic - I'd not seen this thread to now, and searching between threads for related information is hard work (ie I'm not likely to to do it :))
    Why dont we keep the conversation on the other thread going and leave this one do go to thread heaven?