Pre filter last 5 days

elmarra

Greetings,
in a list to simple registered users I would like to show them only the records entered (by all registered users not only by the same user) filtered for the last 5 days.
How could I apply the pre-filter to allow this?
And have the administrator see them all instead without this filter applied previously?
Thanks for your help.

OK perfect! it's all very clear! I searched the wiki but couldn't find it .. I have to admit that I am very poor when it comes to wiki search!
Meanwhile, thank you! The explanation was very simple and easy.
I just have to ask for advice!
To allow users of the "registered" group I set that pre-filter.
To allow the "super-user" instead of seeing everyone. I set another filter as follows:
or:
field = date-element
condition: not equal to
value: NOW () - INTERVAL 1 WEEK
type = no quotes
apply to:
Super user
is it correct to make all records visible to the "super user" group?
It seems to work, I just want confirmation.
Thanks again

Logically, it's only the pre-filter which applies now for Super Users only.
The rest is depending on the other ACL settings for list, groups, elements, forms, menu items, etc.
So, for example, if all that rest is set to "Public", then anyone will see everything (including all list rows). Only Super Users will see only part of the list.

BTW and also logically, with the condition as posted here above (not equal to), all records will be shown still, except the one(s) where the date-element is exactly one 1 week ago (down to the second).
If you want to show all within the past week, the logical operator must be "greater than (or equals)", obviously.
(And, yes, that is also shown in the examples on the Wiki page.)

With the first pre-filter, the data is exactly shown to the user of the "public" group with the filter at a maximum of one week.
I just want the admin to see all the records ..
what would be the right rule?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back