Pre-form for inline edit table

Martooti

Hi,
I would like to create a list with data specified for days of the month. The data should be collected for many months and years. I would like that in the table year and month are not shown. Is it possible to make a form fields above the table: year and month which submiting will update the hidden table columns in the table (year and month) in the way that user will update the data for the month/year he choose in the form fields?
I am not sure if I make myself clear so I attached the image
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Marti
Ps.I am sorry I double the topic, I post it already in community forum but unfortunately I do not have an idea how to move it here

Attachments

• data.jpg
    data.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 210
Your image makes sense, but it doesn't really fit the "inline edit" plugin, as inline edit can only operate on existing records. So to achieve what you show there, you would need to pre-create the forms for the period you are displaying. Which would be possible, with some custom coding, but it wouldn't be simple.

This question seems like it overlaps with another thread we have open, where I described creating a "landing page" for a given user / property, which would build links that prefill certain form fields.

Another option might be to use normal element filtering, on the list, and then use the "eval'ed default" for the date field(s), which use the session data for the list's element filter to pre-fill the date(s).

-- hugh

I think the best to prefilter the list the way I described is use a form redirect plugin. Make a custom form with month and year in my case and redirect it on submit by form plugin to the list with all data. It is important to check "use as search data" option and add correct jump page link (something like: index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31 - when the list is in the article). I think there is also a way to limit data that add to list form will show, but I need php code so I do not know exactly how to add this

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back