• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Prevent form module from editing content of its list in details view

AlexTCGPro

Hello, I made a form so users could send messages to each other, I put it in a form module and put it inside other lists and so far it works great.

The thing is that I want users to be able to respond to messages with the same form. However when I load the form module in its same list it allows users to edit the values of what they are viewing instead of allowing them to submit new information.

How does that form module work? I also try to make a button in a detail-view advertisement where other users can react on that advertisement, but like a private message. So what if you have a list of private messages then there should only be access to the person who sent that private message, but also the receiver. Some time ago I found a way to do that, but now during the corona crisis I can continue to design it.

Perhaps if you want to make a form where a sender enters his message you should give that element access to the sender and then there should be a field that the sender can only see: The receiver only has access to type in that element, but how? To get the userid of the sender of the message is not difficult, but how to get the userid of the receiver?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back