Preview / Confirm Form before submit?

cytino

Hi
I have a number of forms that on submission are written to a database.

How can I make a preview of the form for the iser to confirm the details before final submission?

CYTINO

I can't really think of a way of providing a confirmation page BEFORE the data is submitted to the db.

The best approximation I can think of is you could use a 'jump page' to a read only (task=viewTableRowDetails) view of the submitted form (the new rowid will automatically be added to your jump page URL), and use a custom form template to which you would add a "Click here to edit this submission" link.

-- hugh

Sure, but it won't actually do any validation. But yes, it should be easy enough. Create a custom template, and add a button to it next to the Submit button, with a little bit of Javascript to show/hide the Submit button.

Or you could create a button element on the form, with some js attached to it. It just wouldn't align nicely with the Submit button, as it would be a part of the form itself.

Do you need help with the Javascript?

-- hugh

OK, well I suggest we use a custom template and add a new button that way. Let me know when you are ready to go with a cloned, custom template.

-- hugh

Confirmation form plugin

Hi,
I am writing in here, because all other related topics are in the closed Beta testing forum...

It is about the confirmation form plugin. Now it's working quite well, meaning that database join dropdowns keep their values and repeated groups do not cause errors. But still, hidden groups are displayed in the read only detail view before submitting. So it just shows the frame and title of the group...
Also there is still the issue with the fileupload field. After running the confirmation plugin, the field is empty again and in the database it just gets stored as NULL value.

Another maybe a bit special thing I realized is, that when "Save to Database" is not selected, then the re-edit button does not work.
Also the reset button does not work, once one has clicked on submit/save. Well, maybe that's intended.

Thanks
JJ

Need help with confirmation page

Code:
The best approximation I can think of is you could use a 'jump page' to a read only (task=viewTableRowDetails) view of the submitted form (the new rowid will automatically be added to your jump page URL)

How would one go about doing this? I have tried adding html and doing some other things to create a confirmation page but I can not get the data to display once the submit button is clicked.

usin joomla 2.5 fabrik version 3.0.6.3

Can you please post in a fabrik3 forum (this is a 4 years old fabrik1.0 thread).
Meanwhile there's a "confirmation" form plugin.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back