Printing part of a form (QR code) on a label printer

BBERPKris

I've created a form form with a QR code on. This works well. But now I wanna give the possibility to the user to print only this QR code on a label on a labelprinter. Nothing else (or maybe only 1 or 2 extra fields) that is on the form, only this QR code. How can I achieve this ?

Try with content plugin and add only the qr-code field to an article and then print the article.

Last edited:
Until now no succes. Also no solution found based on the input here above.
I explain a bit more:
I've a form with multiple elements from a Product (name, product code, producer, wieght, qr code......).
I like to have a button on the form (or another way, because Javascript seems not to work in detailed view modus) so that I can print a label (with a fiew fields like the product name and the QR code)

Did you try my suggestion to design your label layout in the article and adding the qr-code and product name there with fabrik content plugin?

Yes I tried, and indeed I can now display this for 1 particular record (where I knwo the ID beforehand). But what I need is a solution for a user who is looking to a list, selects 1 line and looks to the detail and than decided to print the label.
So I should been able to pass an 'id' parameter towards the suggestion you do. But no idea how to do this.

You can add a calc element with a link, something like that:

return '<a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=459&tmpl=component&print=1&rowid={rowid}" target="_blank">Print label</a>';

Replace article and item id to match yours.

Yes ! This goes in the good direction. Thank you !! I learned a lot in the last days.

I only had to adapt the itemId by Catid to have it working(But this had to do with the fact it wa snot coupled to a menu. )

return '<a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Catid=5&tmpl=component&print=1&rowid={rowid}" target="_blank">Print label</a>';

But now I've still 1 issue:

In my article I use
{fabrik view=details id=28 rowid=[rowid] elements=303|126}

I thought I will only see the fields 303 and 126 but I still see all fierlds (the complete form was shown, while I only wanne show a few fields (303 and 126).

For example you can make a two row table in the article and add the elements to table cells like that:

First cell:
{fabrik view=element list=28 rowid=[rowid] element=mytable___my-qr-code-element}

Second cell:
{fabrik view=element list=28 rowid=[rowid] element=mytable___my-item-number-element}

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back