• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Problem in list view of CDD checkboxes values

dimoss

Hi

I have a strange problem with a CDD element (checkboxes) which values doesn't show all in the list view.
Only the first 10 of the checked values are shown correctly.
If the users selects all the values only the 10 first will be shown.

I attach a screenshot of the problem

Screenshot_1.jpg

Any ideas about this?

Thanks

Hi Troester

I don't think so. I have the same problem in another list where the CDD is Countries but in Repeated group.

Hi again Troester

Maybe you are right...:oops:
I cut one label into half and it took all!
However how can I solve this string problem?
Thanks in advance!

Yes...It's a string length problem.
When I revert the labels to normal and I had the same problem.
Is is something on the code which needs to be fixed?
Thanks!

I played with the words and I saw that if the total number of the characters of all the selected labels are more than 252 the it cuts accordingly.

Found it!
Enable "Big selects" in Fabrik options (Global).
It seems to be a MySQL restriction with GROUP-CONCAT
If you have lots of view joins and / or huge numbers of elements, you may see MySQL errors complaining about needing SQL_BIG_SELECTS enabled. Only enable this option if you get see such an error. This option also raises GROUP_CONCAT_MAX_LEN to 10k, which may be required if you use things like AJAX upload elements with lots of files.

I think it's probably time we just enabled that by default. I don't think using either of those options hurts performance to any detectable degree.

TBH, I thought I had set it to do this by default in the system plugin, but I guess not. Another one of those things I probably dreamed doing (yes, I write code in my dreams, kinda sad, LOL!).

-- hugh

Hi Hugh

Code dreaming! You need to check it..;-)

Anyway just a little question on that. The problem with limited characters solved.
However when I click to see the record in details view I see nothing in the CDD element.
In the db level the value in the parent table is NULL.
Is it normal? Should the label been shown also in details view?

I attach the image
Screenshot_2.jpg

Thanks again!

It's normal for it to have a NULL value when you are using checkbox display as that creates a separate map many to many map table to store the vales, and the original field on the parent table no longer stores anything.

However, it should show the labels in detail view. I'll take a look.

Thanks for the fast reply Hugh.:)
I will wait for you to see what is the problem in details view.

Hi Hugh

You run the demo in Fabrik 3.1.x or later for Joomla 3.x
However I speak for the Fabrik 3.0.x for Joomla 2.5.
That's why I posted it in this forum section.
And yes I have the latest github.
There is no complicated coding in my CDD and this is not on repeated group.
You can check the problem in my site PDAN for Fabrik 3.0.x
Login and check this list
http://pdan.alfaweb.gr/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=58&Itemid=242

Check the first three records..Try to view these records.

Thanks!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back