1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem in Logs plugin

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by paolo.tateo, Jan 1, 2011.

1. paolo.tateo

paolo.tateo Member

Level: Community
    I have some problem with the "form plugin logs" created by Thomas alias Peamak.

The problems are:

* Whether I create a new record or edit an existing record, the log writes edited.
    * I did not understand how to run the log of the sun visits (no new or edit, view only).

Thanks

2. rob

rob Administrator Staff Member

hi Paolo - first thanks for the christmas card!
    I've never really looked at the logs plugin.
    Looking at it I don't think it was designed to log people viewing a details page, just when the form is submitted.
    If you post your plugin settings I'll take a look at replicating the issue for the save/edit

-Rob

3. paolo.tateo

paolo.tateo Member

Thanks Rob.

I attach a screenshot of the configurations.

I need (urgently) of this plugin, with views of the logs.

If it is not forecast in the roadmap of Fabrik, I ask you, Hugh, or Peamak an economic estimate for develop this functionality specifically for me.

I note that I have to apply it on a site with a very old version of Fabrik. I do not know the exact version of SVN, but the files are January 19, 2010. I could also groped an update, but I'm afraid to go out unexpected problems.

Thanks

Paolo

Attached Files:

4. rob

rob Administrator Staff Member

Ok, taking another look at the plugin I see that Tom had sort of implemented logging when viewing the details, but it was not using the same code as when the form was submitted. I've now refractored the code so that the same method is used regardless of when the log is being created

I've also fixed the bug where it was always saying the form had been edited, even when it should have said that it was being added.

-Rob

5. paolo.tateo

paolo.tateo Member

Many thanks for this first check. ... and about my new requests (log of view data) ?

Another question, in the field "OR template message", which placeholder can I use for the date and time of that moment?

Thanks
    Paolo

6. peamak

peamak Moderator

7. paolo.tateo

paolo.tateo Member

Thanks Tom! Nice to meet you !

About the reading report, have you time to develope this for me? (I can pay for your service).

Thanks

Paolo

8. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

If Tom doesn't, I do. Well, I never have "spare" time, but I could sure use some additional work this month to deal with my horrific utility bills in Jan/Feb! My house has pretty much no insulation, and apparently my central heating works by burning dollar bills.

-- hugh

9. paolo.tateo

paolo.tateo Member

Hello Hugh,
    I asked Tom why he wrote the that plugin, but welcome!

I always work very well with you ... but you did not immediately reply to the thread, and as always my work is urgent ;)

I hope nobody (Tom) is offended, but I will wait your email with a quote!

Thanks