Problem/question form search

Hello everyone!

I have a doubt / problem:

- I have a user registration form where there are 2 fields: name and area (A) - in another form (B), I have a database that displays these users from "A" and another field that registers products that these users produce.

I am trying to create a search form where I look for the 'product' that has been registered in Form B in the areas of Form A:

For example, I want to search for those who produce item 'x "in the" something "area.

This form returns the names of those who produce these items according to the" area "chosen.

However, following the tutorial to create search form, I am only managing to return the product regardless of any "area" that I search for.

Is it possible to put these 2 fields to be 'searched' together ??

Thank you!

Are you sure you need a separate search form. You can join the two tables and use any of the list search features (search all, advanced search etc.).

Ok, I assume you are using this tutorial:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/create-a-search-form/

Does it filter properly when you append manually a querystring to your list url like this: "&tablename___your_product_element=somevalueinlist&tablename___your_area_element=somevalueinlist"
Or with databasejoin element: "&tablename___your_element_raw=dbjoin-element-value" (not label).

And then compare how your url looks after the redirect from search form. Does the url contain the querystrings above, are there any differences etc.

Hi, just like I wrote in the last post, test with:
&tablename___your_product_element=somevalueinlist&tablename___your_area_element=somevalueinlist

Last edited:
Hello!

Thank you very much for your patience and attention to help.

A doubt, in this part "somevalueinlist" I would have to put a value on the item I want to display, right?

But in this case, I need the items that are selected in the form fields to fill in these values.

Should I remove this information from the URL or should I fill in another form?

Thanks!!!

OK, no idea why it's not working for you, let's try step by step with one possible option:

1) You have created search form according to guidance it this wiki post:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/create-a-search-form/
And you have disabled all other elements in the search form except "item" and "area" element. Right?

2) You have added redirect plugin to your search form. Right?

3) Now add your list's url to redirect plugin "Jump url" field and append the querystring to the url. So the "Jump url" would look something like:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=XX&Itemid=XX&tablename___your_item_element_raw={tablename___your_item_element_raw}&tablename___your_area_element_raw={tablename___your_area_element_raw}

(if your element type is "field", you might leave the "_raw" off, with dropdown or databasejoin element, keep the _raw).

4) Set "Append jump url with data" and "use as search data" to "NO" in redirect plugin settings.

5) Now when you execute your search form, does it work?

6) If not, how exactly does the url look like after redirect?

thank you very much friend !!

I will test here.

I have a different problem here. I transferred the project from localhost to the server, and several things are not working. :(

As soon as I test your answer I'll be back with the results!

Thank you!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back