• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Problem with Databasejoin [SOLVED]

nofc_fro

Hi,
I have this situation:
Two tables called "aaa" and "bbb".
The "aaa" table has two fields: id, name
The "bbb" table has three fields: id, aaa_id, name

The "aaa" table has this record:
100, xxx

The "bbb" table has these records:
201.100, white
202.100,sport
203.100, tv
204.100, ball

If I create an Element with Plug-in "Databasejoin" I go to the tabs "Data", I select the table "aaa", Value "id" and "Concat label"> "aaa.id, '', bbb.aaa_id" I get this error "An error has occurred."

How can I solve it?

You can't reference table bbb in the join to table aaa. It just doesn't exist in that context. Also, as per the tooltip on the CONCAT label, avoid using the actual table name (aaa), use {thistable} instead.

You could try using a placeholder for the b value, like ...

{thistable}.id, ' {bbb___aaa_id}'

... but this probably won't work as expected in all contexts.

-- hugh

The first one.

But I really don't think it's going to work as you'd hope.

The label of a join gets built in two contexts:

Form context. When building a form for display, we run a single query to get all the possible values of the join, something like "SELECT id AS value, something AS label FROM aaa" . So there is no table 'bbb' in that query, which is why you can't use bbb.aaa_id, it just doesn't exist in the query. But you might be able to use the element placeholder, {bbb___aaa_id}. We do placeholder replacement on the CONCAT string, using current values of your form's elements, so it should replace {bbb___aaa_id} with the current value for that form. But (for instance) when creating a new form (rather than editing), it won't have a value when you load it. Also, if aaa_id is selectable on the form, and you change it once the form is loaded, the join dropdown won't "see" that change.

List context ... I won't go into detail, but I doubt the placeholder would work for that, although it might.

-- hugh

Excuse me but maybe I have to start from the beginning:

CASE 1: Make a concatenation between two elements of the same table.
I have the table "aaa" with these elements: “id”, "name", "surname”.
I want to create another element -called "full name”- that concatenates the two previous elements.
I create this element of type “databasejoin” and in the tabs "Data" I put:

Render as: "Drop-down"
Connection: "Database"
Table: "aaa"
Value: "id";
Label: "Please select"
Or concat label: ?

I try:
aaa___name, ' ', aaa___surname
or
name, ' ', surname

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/database-join-element/

But not work

name, ' ', surname
should do.

If you get an error (like " ...ambiguous...") use
{thistable}.name, ' ', {thistable}.surname

(litterally {thistable})

BTW: as a Pro member you should post in the Pro forum to get Pro support.

Try again, I kicked XenForo in the butt.

Yes - you can concat fields form the same table ...

{thistable}.name, ' ', {thistable}.surname

Your original question was trying to concat fields from the joined table with fields from the form's table, which you can't do.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back