• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Problem with dbjoin rendered as checkbox after updat

Hi,
I've updated Joomla and fabrik to the latest versions (from v3.4.3). I also updated from github to get the latest debugs.
I think that from then, a dbjoin rendered as checkbox returns an sql error if it's empty :
Code:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3

Now when I check the first option (value = 1) and validate the form it returns the following error :
Code:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND `id` NOT IN ( 19)' at line 3

I don't understand where this come from except that "19" is my joined list id.

Nothing special about this dbjoin except that it is in a joined table (inner join).
I unpublished all calcs based on this dbjoin. I also disabled all plugins on the form.
The only way to get the errors disappear is to unpublish the dbjoin field.

Do you have an idea ? Could you have a look ?
How can I provide access ?
Thanks !

Do you have some Data-where or Advanced settings in the dbjoin?
Or a prefilter in the list?

Updating from 3.4.3 (Joomla? or Fabrik?) is a big step.
Did you install the Fabrik3.8.1 package?

I was on Joomla 3.7.4 with fabrik 3.4.3
Yep, I installed the fabrik package and all elements using the Joomla updater, then I did a github update on top.

The join doesn't have any data where, nor concat, nor advanced setting... just standard params value and label.
The list doesn't have any prefilters...

Yeah, updating through 3 major releases in one step could potentially cause issues, although technically it should run all of our database updates, etc.

The only way I'd be able to debug this one would be by getting an Akeeba copy of your site, and setting it up as a PHP Storm project here, so I can step debug it. I'm happy to do that, but there would have to be a charge for doing it, as it's about 45 mins just to do the Akeeba download, install and set up a PHP Storm project, just to get to the point where I can start debugging. Typically the actual debugging is quick, so I'd hope I could resolve it inside an hour. Then I have a copy of your site, so any other issues arising from this upgrade would be quicker to solve.

-- hugh

Those go to Robbie, and she's been out of pocket this week, her dad passed away.

I'll get with her on Monday, and we'll play catch up on this weeks stuff.

-- hugh

If you want to make an Akeeba available to me, I can go ahead and take a look. If it's something simple, I can just fix it. If it's not simple, we can figure out the cost.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back