Problems using juser form plugin

F.schettino

Italian
I have a Fabrik Form to modify user data.
I didn't realize that I have 2 problems:

1- When the user modify his data, his user group is changed to the Default user group ("Simpatizzante").
How can I avoid it?

My settings are:
1a.png1b.png1c.png1d.png

Menu settings:
1e.png

2- Opening the same form, opened from the corrisponding List, and saving it, I get an error because the username is already in use.

The list allows administrators to insert/modify users.

Clearly I didn't understand how juser form plugin works.

Someone can help me, please?

I don't understand what you are doing here.
Why are you allowing 'normal' users to access this form to begin with?
If you want to present registered users a form to edit their settings - just create a menu item to the the default Joomla 'Edit User Profile' form.

Hi, Bauer.
Thanks for your interest.
I hope you understand what I write in my English-like.:(

I am developing functions for a social promotion association (non-profit).
People can be Sympathizers (non-member, without payment of registration fee) or Members (with payment of registration fee).
I need also national Administrators and Administrators of district headquarters.

I have
1) a Fabrik form for users self-registration as Sympathizer.
I cannot use standard J! form because​
a) I need a lot of specific information​
b) I need registration with e-mail as Username​
So, I had to create a specific db table, linked to J! user table using juser form plugin.

2) a Fabrik form for Sympathizer users to self-modify data.
3) the same as 1), but the registration is made by an Administrator.
4) the same as 2), but modifications are made by an Administrator.

I have to develop other 4 similar forms, but for Members, that differ from first 4 because of some more fields.

The problems I have described concerns the form 2).

To avoid any problem, I think the best is not use juser form plugin, but develop my PHP: juser form plugin is out of my control.
I had others problems in the past and others now, besides those described; for example http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-filter-using-calculation-element.40326/#post-202757)

If you want to handle multiple usergroups your form MUST contain a usergroup element and you must select it in the juser plugin settings.
Additionally you need an element holding the Joomla user id (a field element or a dbjoin to #__users, not a user element).

Hi, troester.
Thanks for your interest.

Additionally you need an element holding the Joomla user id (a field element or a dbjoin to #__users, not a user element).
As you see, I have the Joomla user id (Utente Joomla corrispondente); it is a field element,

If you want to handle multiple usergroups your form MUST contain a usergroup element and you must select it in the juser plugin settings.
I had a usergroup element and it was selected in juser plugin; I don't remember which issue I had. I will try again.

But, why have I a different behavior (1 against 2)?

I too am developer - and understand wanting to have control over as much of the code as you can - but sometimes it just not worth the work involved. My project requirements are almost identical to yours - and after 2 years of fighting to do it all myself - I found Easy Profile. I use it to handle registration and it allows the addition of 'custom fields' - as well as many other features like adding users to different usergroups. So I get info for both the user and the organization they represent at the time of registration. It ties in directly with the Joomla User Registration, has many extra features (like user privacy settings), and works flawlessly.
(Screen shots from my website attached)
http://extensions.joomla.org/profile/extension/clients-a-communities/user-management/easy-profile

For login using email there a a few plugins already available. I use Authentication - Awo Email Login.
Why re-invent the wheel when one is already rolling your way?

Attachments

• tab1.png
    tab1.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 256
  • tab2.png
    tab2.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 256
  • tab3.png
    tab3.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 256
I agree with you, Bauer: it is stupid re-invent the wheel.

I searched in Joomla! Extensions Directory before start.
In that list I found Fabrik and similar extensions and, after trying Chronoforms, I chose Fabrik.

I searched also a plugin for login using email; there are some, but they have the same disadvantage you can read about Awo Email Login:
Troy Philis
...however, they still do need to use their username to enter the verification code in the forgot password process. So it doesn't allow you to use email as username everywhere you need to.
My solution (almost easy) haven't this issue. :)

And I searched also an extensions to get custom fields; there are a lot, beginning from the famous Community Builder; I installed and tried it, but I decided not use it because it is a big package that I used only for some functions.

At the beginning of all, I searched also a complete solution for my work; I installed and tried for a long time CiviCRM (I am sure that you know it) and the italian Assoweb; but both haven't the functions that I need.
I assure you that I have to implement a complex solution, because it is very difficult to identify with the President of the association the operation logic to manage in automatic, since he is accustomed to manage hand, case by case.o_O:(

In any case, thank you for information about Easy Profile.
I will read the documentation carefully, since you believe it is good.

Don't believe everything you read from disgruntled customers.;) Attached is screen print of what I get using the Awol Email login plugin- whether clicking 'forgot your username' or 'forgot your password'.

I have always hated Community Builder - despite it's popularity. I tried it for a while on a site I ran that was more oriented to a public community. It's just too 'kiddie' for professional use IMO - especially for something like a corporate website, or even a website geared to attract the 'public' from a particular industry or profession.

I feel your pain. My biggest thorn has been finding a subscription extension that will do what I need. After 2 years of trying every 'subscription' extension out there (all loaded with bugs and false promises) - or variants and combinations of e-commerce and e-doc extensions - I'm using a tweaked version of J2Store to 'sell' the product (which is basically customized reports from member-provided survey data).

I can't even begin to count how many 'User Profile' or 'Contact' managers I've tried over my 10+ years of using Joomla - but I have never been more satisfied than with Easy Profile. You can create as many of your own your own tabbed forms you need to gather various info - and as a new user registers it goes through each tabbed 'page' of the process. You decide how much of that you want them to be able to edit after they register. Pretty cool stuff and highly customizable options.

Attachments

• forgotYourPassword.png
    forgotYourPassword.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 241
Thank you very much for the information you gave me.
I regret not having discussed these matters with you before you start.
I don't have 10 years of experience with Joomla, but only one; in the future I'll try personally before excluding an extension.

Now I solved both recording with the email address (instead of the username) and, with Fabrik, the user profile; but I will look very carefully both Awol Email login plugin and Easy Profile.

One question: I have implemented the user recording directly with the mask Fabrik with profile data, not before recording and then insert profile data; this is to prevent the user registers and then not insert the profile; I can get the same result with Easy Profile?

I don't want to discourage you, or anyone, from developing their own solutions - or go overboard in promoting other extensions - as that might be considered counter-productive to promoting the use of fabrik - and I don't need to make any more enemies around here than I might already have. I'm having difficulty understanding your question, so all I'll do is suggest you give the extension a try and if it doesn't meet your expectations, don't use it.

I don't need to make any more enemies around here than I might already have
:):):)

I'm sorry; I didn't answer you before because I wasn't at home last days.

I am sorry that I am not able to explain my question, probably for my disgusting English.
As you suggest, I will try and then I will report here.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back