Problems with special characters in form-view

chrigall

In form-view, where I can usually edit and insert data, there is a problem when special characters are within some text-fields (for example: ?. ö. ß etc.). For such records, in edit-view-modus only a empty form is shown. When I input some text, nothing happens. I have to edit such records directly in the php-database.

Which Joomla, Fabrik, php, MySQL version?
Which database collation?
I don't have issues with German umlaute etc.

Are these text fields normal field elements?
Or textarea with WISIWIG editor? (If yes, which editor?)

Joomla: 3.8.11
mysql:
database collation: utf8_general_ci
MySQL: Server-Version: 5.7.22-22-log - Percona Server (GPL), Release '22', Revision 'f62d93c

Yes, this text fields are normal field elements. I have a full list with content, but I want to edit some special records. For example in the field "Familienname" is the text "Fischer?". When I click on the icon for edit, a form with empty fields is shown. But this happens only, if there are charakters like "?" or "ö" in one field. With any other records with "normal" text-characters, there is no problem and all field-values are shown in edit-mode.

When I click on the icon for edit, a form with empty fields is shown.
Is this the standard edit link or do you have a custom link including data from this "special characters" field?
If all fields are empty I assume it's opening just a new form because something is wrong with the edit link.
Do you have set J! error reporting to max?
Is the form opening in a popup, can you see JS errors?

I have only the standard edit link. It works normally for all other records. But I found another anomaly. For those records with special chars also the show-link doesn't work. If I click there, I get the notice that this record was not found. Maybe the problem is, that the field with contains this chars is also the primary key.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back