• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Purity_III: list icon hover text is "on click"

troester

Staff member
Element with static icon in list view.

The text is only shown "on click".
Is it possible to show the element text on hover (like in Bootstrap2/Protostar)?

OK, as per the comment in tipsBootstrapMock.js, I think that has to be done with data attributes in the layouts:

// We should override any Fabrik3 custom tip settings with bootstrap3 data-foo attributes in JLayouts

I think the issue here is that bootstrap 2 and 3 have different defaults for the trigger, one is hover, one is click.

So this seems to do it ...

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/2ce869dd1a44e32a08870c8e289b4a232a8b753a

-- hugh

One more little issue on list icon tooltips:
On mobile/tablet the tooltip is opening "on click" (or whatever this is called without mouse) but the page is always skipping to the top.

This is with Protostar and with Purity_III and in different browsers.
The effect can be seen also in Chrome devtools "Toggle device toolbar"

Edit:
It's the same if clicking (not only hovering) at the icon in normal desktop view - because it's a link (although no "link to details") it's reloading the page...:(

Last edited:
Try editing the main element model, line 673, change ...

Code:
                        $aHref  = '#';

... to ...

Code:
                        $aHref  = 'javascript:void(0)';

The only thing I don't like about that little trick is it shows javascript:void(0) as the link when you hover, but it has the desired effect.

Alternatively, edit components/com_fabrik/layouts/element/fabrik-element-listicon-tip.php and add ...

onclick="return false"

... to the attributes for the tag.

I'm not entirely sure which approach I prefer.

-- hugh

One more:
Because of accessibility reasons the icon should have an "alt" text (e.g. alt="Tooltip Icon" or some language string).
In the layout it can only be done by a str_replace on $d->img.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back