Question/issue date filtering

troester

Administrator
Staff member
Setup:
a date-time element, UTC, list format with time H:i
filter setting: field

With filter = "Exact" and "Show time selector"=no Fabrik is creating a 24 hours range filter - which is what I want (user selecting a date from calendar widget and getting all records of this day).

Issues:
Fabrik is inserting the time (only on the first load or on 'clear filter') and so the filter range is not "day" but 24h from now.
I'm pretty sure in some former Joomla/Fabrik version the time was set to 00:00 in the range filter (old JDate?)

Additionally it is not really from "now" because Fabrik is doing double timezone correction: if my local time (UTC+2) is 14:35:22 debug is showing BETWEEN '2017-07-23 10:35:22' AND '2017-07-24 09:35:21'

The user can edit/delete the (date and) time in the filter field, but the change is ignored (date/time reset) if the user is hitting "Return" (although the filter is triggered).
He must use the "Go" button to filter with his modifications.
Once the time has been edited successfully it's kept (until clear filter), Fabrik won't insert the time if you are selecting an other day from calendar widget.

Questions:
Why are "Return" and "GO" acting differently?

I assume the time insertion is coming from "list format with time" and filter without time (but I think it was working before)
Is there a way to set the time (to 00:00 or blank) in the filter field via JS?

In general:
Does it make sense to have "Show time selector" as criterium for "24h-filtering"? This is only a form setting, the time selector is never shown in the filter field.
Maybe an additional "filter format"?

I know - this is the date element...;)

Friendly bump.
Some help for how to remove the time in the filter field via JS would be sufficient at the moment.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back